Chapter 36 Pt 2 - Case iii

Confusion blinded you. 

What...

How...

Your heart began to pound in your head loudly. 

Namjoon had drank the iron filings in his drink, albeit a small gulp- something should have happened to him. So how was he unaffected by it? Those black eyes boring into your own said it all. He was possessed. 

Or perhaps you just missed it. Something about him did seem to be slightly off. Maybe it was a trick of the light but the man in front of you seemed to sway slightly.

There was an air around the man in front of you. Something like an aura that grew around him. You couldn't see it, but if you could, you were sure it would be in the shape of fire. And fire grew quickly and could get uncontrollable without action, fast.

Namjoon towered over you, black eyes swallowing your vulnerable form. 

He took a heavy step forward, and was going to take a second before thundering footsteps interrupted your situation. 

A man you didn't expect to see so soon rounded the corner so suddenly in a hurry, skidding to a halt with his hands on his knees, breathless. Juwon regarded the threatening man in front of you with urgency, Namjoon not once tearing his eyes from you. 

"There's someone around out front. I think he's looking for her," he panted, pointing straight over at you.

Your heart gave a harsh thump in your chest. Hope swelled into a tight ball. 

Who could have found you so quickly?

A look of irritation crossed Namjoon's face.

"How do you know it's not just some lowlife snooping around? No one would know where to even start looking for her," Namjoon sighed, finally turning his gaze away from you and over towards Juwon. 

Juwon glanced over at you slightly jittery and back to Namjoon.

"I don't think so...The way they're acting, they were looking for something," he sputtered. "He knows her, he knows she's here I'm telling you!"

If someone was snooping around down below, things could get messy if they were alerted of your situation. You didn't want to risk anyone else getting hurt because of your inability to do your job. That new fear settled in your racing mind.

Namjoon let out a 'tsk' sound through his teeth and stepped over the unmoving heap that was Solar. 

"Make sure she doesn't leave this room," Namjoon commanded as he swiftly disappeared to the lower levels of the building. 

The moment Namjoon was out of sight you went straight for Yong-sun falling to your knees and bringing her head carefully to your lap. 

A gasp left your lips as your hand came away sticky with blood from a deep gash where her head had collided with the wall. The feeling of guilt hung over you.

Without second thought you stripped a piece off your t-shirt and held it to her wound with shaky hands. There was a little too much blood for your comfort. She needed treatment.

Please, please, please be okay. 

You bit on the inside of your cheek until blood flowed over your tongue leaving a bitter taste.

This is my fault.