Chapter 10 - Case ii

The wheel felt good in your grip and you felt excitement buzz through you as you controlled the car through the busy streets. It drove so nicely. You had only ever driven cheap second hand cars or the van when Yugyeom or Jackson weren't there too. This was a new experience for you. 

You felt giddy, almost childlike and Taehyung noticed, an amused and questioning look crossing his face.

    "You ok there? Something tells me you're going to drive my car at full throttle the moment we get off these busy streets." 

"S-sorry, its just I haven't driven in so long, let alone a nice car. I love driving." You admitted sheepishly, focusing back on the road. 

He nodded and turned his attention to outside his window, blindly watching everything blur past. 

You noticed the camera sat on his lap, a chunky old model that looked like on of those you would need a darkroom for. 

Curious, you decided to ask him about it. 

"What's that camera you have there? It looks quite old..." 

Taehyung glanced at the object that rested on his thighs and back up to the road in front. 

"It's a Nikon F5, an SLR. One of those you can use a darkroom for-" you had been right, "to process the photos. I know its pretty outdated but I like the way the photos come out," he began to stutter slightly realising something, "I uh, hope you don't mind. I bring it everywhere with me." 

"It's no problem at all, I think its cool, taking pictures. I'm just worried that you might damage it though..." 

His head snapped over to you, a sudden mirth sparkling in his usually dark eyes. 

"Do you like photography too?" He quizzed, suddenly enthusiastic at what you said. 

"Um yeah, I don't know much and I'm not great at taking professional pictures but I enjoy taking them anyway. I love that you can capture moments and keep them with you forever, but what I love more is having a physical photo to keep," you confessed, still a bit shocked at the male's sudden excitement. Could you blame him though? You had been the same about the car.

He sent you a smile of childish delight. 

"You're right. People take millions of photos each day on their phones, but I've always thought, do any of them cherish each and every picture? I don't believe so. Having a camera and taking care of each picture you take is something special," Taehyung expressed looking down at his camera fondly. "With pictures, you can capture a fleeting moment and make it eternal."

"Do you have any photos I can look at now? Or once we arrive?" You asked glancing over at him. 

He looked up at you with slightly wider eyes, not expecting you to ask that. 

"Of course, well, not now. I haven't got any on me and the film in this camera is blank so I could show you when we get back? Or another time?"

"Sure," you smiled back at him. 

Taehyung felt elated that he could share his passion with someone. Usually no one would take any interest in his work, much less him, but the fact that you merely asked to look at his photos made his heart warm. 

"So," Taehyung turned his attention to you with a curious gaze, resting his elbow on the window to support the back of his head with his hand. "What made you take up a job like this?" He asked, changing the topic.