Chapter 33 - Case iii

"I'll clean this up," you said.

"Oh are you sure?"

You nodded your head while waving him off.

"Yes, go I'm sure that you're busy. I'm free today so its the least I could do."

"Thanks, (Y/n). You're the best!"

"Yes, yes I am."

Yugyeom grinned at you before turning and leaving down the hall, disappearing from sight as he went down the stairs.

Why did this situation seem so familiar? 

You went to fetch a dustpan and brush and you started to sweep up the shattered glass. Oblivious to the new arrival that had yet to make themselves known to you as you swept. It took you a moment to realise they were there. 

"Oh! Jungkook. How long have you been there?" You greeted.

You were slightly taken aback by the hollowness in his eyes blinking as it vanished when he looked up at your face, like you had imagined it.

Instead of answering his eyes flitted down to the scattered glass that littered the floor. He continued to look at you from where he stood, completely in a daze until he spoke.

"Noona, don't hurt yourself," he said regrettably, eyeing the shards of glass.

"It's fine Kook, I won't," you responded, bending back down. Although the words had just come out of your mouth, you went to pluck a larger piece of glass up with your bare hand, causing Jungkook to react rapidly.

Hadn't this happened before?

"I said don't!" He suddenly snapped causing you to flinch back in surprise, his voice resonating through the walls. Everything seemed so much darker than before, as if night had suddenly fallen.

His eyes widened realising his mistake and immediately shrank back in guilt.

"I-I'm sorry, Noona. I didn't mean to-"

In your slightly stunned state from his little outburst you tried to string your words together. "Its...Its ok Jungkook. Have you been feeling alright recently?" You asked, brows knitted in concern. "Have your sessions with Jisoo been going well?" You worried over his mental state.

"You've been ignoring me. I don't like it when you don't pay attention to me."

Without warning Jungkook's hand clamped around your wrist in a grip of iron sending a spiralling shock up your arm. Although it was only your wrist he had a hold of, you felt as if your whole body was in an iron hold, stuck in place.

You trailed your gaze up slowly your breath catching mid way up your throat.

Jungkook's face ghoulish and gaunt, his the iris's of his eyes pale grey and bloodshot. You tried pulling your hand back in fear but Jungkook refused to let go. The voice that came from his mouth was deep and gravelly, one that raked over your bones. 

"Do you like seeing me like this, (Y/n)? Do you enjoy making me feel so low, so e̷͒̀ͅn̴̫̤̒v̷̧̫͂í̵̢ȍ̸̼̙u̵̥̎̂ṥ̶̝?"