Chapter 18

- A few hours earlier... -

Jungkook felt out of place, anxiousness crawling and skittering under his skin like spiders spinning their webs, making their homes and laying their eggs in his flesh. They would hatch at some point, and make things worse. 

He had told Jisoo about his heightened anxiety, resulting in her giving him some medication for it.  He didn't feel like it helped. 

Jungkook so desperately wanted you to come see him, make him feel better like you normally did without even trying, merely finding comfort in your presence. 

You weren't around though. How were you getting on? Were you ok? Where was it you had gone again?

Ah yes, Wings Psychiatric Hospital. 

He remembered hearing rumours back in his college days that the place was run by bad people, people who tortured the patients instead of treating them. They were just rumours though. Rumours were changed and twisted constantly between young adults, you shouldn't trust them. Although most of the time, rumours would always be originated from something.

Biting his nails had quickly become a bad habit, the tips of his fingers and nails slightly red and raw. Jisoo had begun leaving a box of plasters and some soothing ointment behind for him after their sessions, noticing the red blotches on his fingers. 

Were you looking after others in that hospital? He didn't like that thought, the thought of you tending to someone else's needs other than his own.

No, that just wouldn't do.  

He ripped the cuticle from his finger in one quick motion, a pulp of blood blooming from the small area. He hadn't even flinched. 

Where were you now? Where were you now that he needed you to come back and tend to his wounds? 

Where were you (Y/n)? Where? Where were you? (Y/n)? With someone else? With others? Who? Where are you? (Y/n)? (Y/n)...

Why aren't you here with your Jungkookie? 

You were his angel, right? No one else's. You had saved him

He began to unconsciously itch a little too hard at the invisible insects that wriggled and writhed under his skin, leaving red marks in his arms in the process.

Perhaps he needed to do something drastic and get himself admitted to the Wings Psychiatric Hospital, just to get a moment of your time and attention.