Chapter 6 - Case ii

Jungkook was recuperating nicely. He seemed healthier, his cheeks pinker, eyes brighter and a smile every now and then, showing itself. Unbeknownst to you however, this was more so when you were around. Jungkook very much so kept to himself when it was someone else who came to give him his meds and check up on him. In fact he barely spoke to the other nurses and therapists. Perhaps he had just grown attached to you in that short amount of time. Of course he needed someone he could be close to, especially when he was being kept under lock and key in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar faces passing through his vision at the facility like blurry faceless people. 

The one face that did remain sharply clear in his mind was (Y/n)'s face.

He had finally been transferred to the rehabilitation ward where he was finally being treated with a light dose of therapy sessions and drugs for anxiety and depression.

Jungkook had been given a standard plain room, a double bed, nightstand, bookshelf (albeit a pretty empty bookshelf) and clothing closet, all of which he was given permission to decorate with a few of his own belongings to make it 'homier'. He probably would not be leaving for some time anyway. He had also been given permission to contact his mother every so often by letter if he wished to do so.

"(Y/n) please, I'll make sure nothing bad happens this time, I'll protect you!"

Jungkook's ears pricked to the voice outside his room. Who did that male voice belong too? It sounded very familiar.

"Jackson, no!" Jungkook's heart jumped in pleasant surprise at the sound of your distant voice.

"When have I ever let you down, (Y/n)? You know that Yugyeom and I would never let anything happen to you." 

What was this? Were you doing something dangerous? Perhaps it was another case like his own. That idea did not sit well with Jungkook. He wasn't proud of being someone who put you in danger, even if it had been out of his control. Although it was your job, he felt guilty about the whole ordeal.

"Jungkook?" 

He jumped at the sound of his name being called, and faced the woman sat in the chair opposite his own.

Jisoo gave him a concerned look. She was gentle, kind and understanding her skills as a therapist were good and Jungkook got on with her more than the others, but she wasn't quite you

"Why isn't (Y/n) my therapist?" He questioned rather bluntly. 

Although Jisoo had gotten used to Jungkook's straightforward behaviour, she was still caught off guard from his sudden question. She wasn't concerned that his tone had been slightly rude, but he had been asking for you each day he had been in the facility and she was beginning to grow wary of it. 

Jisoo offered him a small smile however.

"I'm sorry Jungkook but, (Y/n) is very busy and she should actually be taking a break from the last exorcism she carried out."

"But she tends to another patient." he muttered with a scowl on his features.

Jisoo's brow furrowed. "How did you know that?" 

Jungkook looked back up at her, jealousy wiped from his face which now held a nonchalant expression as he shrugged his shoulders. Jisoo eyed him suspiciously, yet continued with the session with an uncomfortable unease in the back of her mind.