Chapter 14 - Case ii

You felt your limbs become stiff as you took in the patient's features and felt a shiver shoot through your veins, turning them to ice.

He had the same face as the man in your vision back at the morgue. 

'I see you.'

No, that wasn't possible. He couldn't have seen you because you were never there, it was a vision. However you remembered the way his eyes had locked solely on you. He wasn't looking past you or through you, he was looking at you. And the thought made you tremble.

You had to force your legs forward, your feet heavy as you proceeded into the room. Your body fought against your mind, not wanting to go anywhere near this man who looked so much like an angel. 

You took in a deep breath, drawing forth your courage that had hidden itself away at the sight of this beautiful man. 

Looks can be oh so deceiving. 

"H-hi," you mentally kicked yourself for the stutter, "I'm guessing you're Hoseok? I'm (Y/n) its nice to meet you, I'll be doing the routine checks this evening, I hope you don't mind." His name felt unfamiliar on your tongue even though his was the case you had been following for a few days now. His name had been crawling around your brain for days. 

"Have you got any restricted items in this room?" 

An invisible weight was lifted off your shoulder's as you got a closer view of his face. No black eyes. But that didn't mean shit. Jungkook's eyes had been normal at first.

Hoseok merely gazed at you without a response with his mystifying dark orbs, taking in this new stranger who had entered his room. 

It seemed that the hospital had hired some fresh meat. A cute little thing too. A naive little rabbit that had wondered into his den.

Hoseok let a lazy smile pull on his chapped pale lips.

    "You're new," he finally commented in an airy voice, watching you step deeper into his room and the way your eyes flitted about looking for anything that was restricted. His small movements were swayed ever so slightly and his eyes were half open, in a dreamy sort of state. Had he been sedated?

It wouldn't be strange, it was nearing bedtime and you remembered that 'Hoseok' struggled with major insomnia. 

You regarded him cautiously, hand instinctively reaching into the pocket your talisman resided in, giving you some form of comfort. It pulsed very lightly in your hand. "I am. Today is my first day."

Who am I speaking too? Hoseok or the other thing?

"Do you have anything in this room that you shouldn't have, Hoseok?" You asked again a little more firmly after his lack of response. 

You considered the piles of books messily placed around the room (they were allowed if you remembered correctly) and there were toys...Toys that would generally be used by children a lot younger than he was. 

A train set with a unconnected track lay idle in the corner, a small toddler sized over turned rocking horse with shiny black eyes peaked out at you from under the metal bed frame and odd pieces of chess and lego were scattered about the room.