Chapter 9 - Case ii

That night you had another nightmare, about Jungkook. Well, not necessarily about Jungkook but the thing that controlled him.

Talented and brave, and beautiful, just like your mother.

just like your mother.

She was dead, so what did it matter. That thing had just been playing with you.

The sentence would not leave your conscious for the life of you and it was making you paranoid as you trudged your drowsy, sleepy self through the busy streets of Seoul to a more quiet area, to the address Bang had given you. The walk should have been relaxing but after your restless last night you were just wishing to get back into your warm cosy bed and sleep for a day. 

You cursed to yourself. You only hoped your sleepiness didn't become a problem later. 

With the thoughts of your nightmare buzzing around your mind, it took your brain a minute to catch up with your surroundings. You seemed to have arrived at your destination.  

The cafe was almost invisible, certainly to anyone who wasn't looking for it. It was nestled between two larger buildings and seemed to be sunk back slightly as if being protected by its parents. Thick dark green vines trailed up the walls from the ground and another set drooped over the roof and hung slightly over the top windows.

It seemed to be an odd place to put a cafe.

"Well, this is the address..." You voiced out in uncertainty, stepping towards the building with unsure feet. 

You opened the door, a bell chiming above you signalling your arrival. A dark haired beauty stood behind the till, writing something down before looking up and noticing your presence. 

She offered you a friendly smile.

"Hi there, are you eating in?" She asked, thinking of you as a customer. 

"Uh no, thank you, I'm from the P.I.A. I'm here to-" you began before being interrupted by another voice. 

"Oh my....You have got a lot of darkness on your trail, honey." 

The comment caught you off guard and you turned to see a woman with the look of a predator in her sharp beautiful eyes. She had smooth light blonde hair that fell an inch above her shoulders. 

She wore a black sleeveless top with an almost see-through cotton shawl that was decorated in flowery diamond patterns, and to top it off were the blue jean shorts and hippie jewellery wrapped around her wrists and ankles. Yes, very witchy. You sighed. 

This was the person Shihyuk sent you too? You weren't expecting this.

"Are you going to ask to read my palm next? Make me drink some tea and read the remains of the tea leaves?" You mocked lightly. Although you took the piss out of her, you secretly thought in the back of your mind that she was stunning and that she made the outfit look even cooler. 

She grinned at you like a cat. 

"Soyeon. Jeon Soyeon." She greeted, sticking her hand out for you to shake. "And no, I won't but I can if you would like me too. For a sum of money of course." She chuckled. As you shook her hand you spotted her sleek black nails that were decorated with golden flecks.