Chapter 22 - Case ii

⚠️ Trigger warning for this chapter⚠️

"Ahh don't worry about it. I don't sleep anyway."

"Insomnia?"

"Not exactly..."

You recalled the conversation you had with Moonbyul when you woke up from your nightmare the first day you arrived and mentally kicked yourself from not realising it sooner.

There had been signs all along, however discreet they had been they were still there. Ever since you had began leaving bits of rosemary around the hospital, you hadn't seen Moonbyul around, not while you were working, and not even in the room you had shared. The rosemary had stopped her from making herself known to you like the dead nurse had mentioned. That's what the herb did, it repelled ghosts, albeit weakly.

Moonbyul was a reporter who had come to this Asylum in the 1970's, upon hearing about the rumours the city had spread about the Psychiatric Hospital.

Once the people of the hospital found out she had been secretly reporting on their insidious work, they made up a story and had unjustifiably admitted her as insane.

From what you gathered from the pages in the journal, you had a haunting thought that she must have ended herself. They had put her through scarring mental and psychical torture to the point she couldn't take it anymore. How horrible. How lonely she must have felt.

You immediately felt worse about the situation. Poor Moonbyul, going through all of that alone, and now she was doomed to wander the asylum forever, but not if you had a hand in it. Once you had dealt with Hoseok, you vowed to save Moonbyul from loitering in an eternal limbo.

After learning this, you weren't sure how you might act if you were to bump into Dr. Kim now.

You had read somewhere that Dr. Kim's father was in-charge of the hospital before him. And now...Dr. Kim was carrying on his work. How sick minded. It almost made you think that his insanity must have been genetic, but of course that wasn't the case. It made you briefly wonder if perhaps Hoseok had something to do with the present Dr. Kim. You were now worried how you might act if you bump into the doctor around the hospital. You would have to act natural. Even so, the memory of your 'not so much of a dream' flashed through your mind of the doctor with that poor abused patient on the shock table. 

You shuddered from the memory.

"Jackson! Lets go, I've got it," you said quietly, moving around the desk to the exit where Jackson stood. 

He nodded and slid his way out of the half open door, allowing enough room for you also. However before you could continue, you bumped into Jackson's solid back with a huff, looking up at the back of his head in confusion. 

You opened your mouth to ask why he'd stopped only for it to hang open at the person stood a few feet in front of you both.

You gulped.

Oh fuck.

Park Jimin stood there in all his glory with his hands in his pockets, a minuscule amused smile playing on his mouth as he had caught you red handed.