Chapter 15 - Case ii

You dreamt of playing in your mother's back garden, getting lost in the various overgrown plants that tugged at your wild unkempt hair and delicate skin. Flowers and herbs that your mother used for different things you hadn't a clue to, they filled the garden you often played in as a child.

Surroundings were much bigger in the eyes of a child. A garden could seem like a whole world, a house was a castle. 

It was one of your happier memories, until that happened. Until your mother had died or rather...before she had been murdered, your sweet dream turning sour and dark with the memory.

You were suddenly peaking out from the slit inside the wardrobe, watching her motionless form at the opposite end of the room that was shrouded in a thick blackness behind her, she lay on the ground with an unusually bent neck, her wide still eyes focused on the area where you hid.

It hadn't been Hoseok that had killed your mother, you were sure of that.

It wasn't Hoseok, and even when you saw Jungkook's face form over Hoseok's, it wasn't Jungkook that had killed your mother. 

You weren't sure as to why your brain was putting the faces of the boys you had interacted with in your life recently, on the face of your mother's killer, but it began to terrify you.

Perhaps it was because you had still been so young, you still hadn't been introduced to the idea of life and death, that instead of crying you could only stare in a deep worry and confusion at your mother's body.

You could distinctly remember thinking in your young, still developing brain,

Are you alright mumma? Your neck is bent in such a peculiar way, you should ask that man who snapped it to but it back right.

The strangest part about the whole thing was where your fear laid. It wasn't in the fact that your mother's body lay there on the floor with a bent neck, too still for your liking. It was the shadowed form standing above it, with a sinister floating grin on an invisible face, with a white glint on a pair of obsidian eyes. 

That image had haunted you for the rest of your life, black eyes and a stretched malicious grin. It from then on had always been the monster under the bed, filling your head with nightmares for the rest of your childhood. 

You couldn't remember who had saved you that day because it hadn't been Shihyuk Bang- he had been the one who found you hiding in the closet the day after, and taken care of you from then on (being a close family friend). No, there had been another. 

You couldn't recall the man's face as it had faced away from you and it had been difficult to see through that narrow slit of the doors, but you could remember his voice, remember the way he stood in front of your hiding spot protectively, obscuring your view from the shadow above your mother's body.