Chapter 26

It had been two days since you had returned which you had been unconscious most for, and Jungkook had waited patiently (or...not so patiently) for you to come and visit him. You still had yet to do that. 

It was midday and Jungkook was finished with his therapy appointment with Jisoo which had included using a metronome. It had been used to send him off into a trance, to get him to focus on his breathing, his heartbeat and his mind, to settle his fears and worries and to practice going into a state of calm. Jisoo had tried to coach him to flush out his mind and cleanse it in a way. She had been in a hurry and forgot to mention anything about lunch to him when she left. So, with a growling stomach, he made his way out of his room hesitantly and to the kitchen in the patient's wing. 

To his luck, the kitchen was empty. He had no idea where to start, or what he even wanted to eat. How hard could making a simple breakfast be?

..

...

...It turned out to be more difficult than it should have been. The young man had made a mess rather quickly and wasted some food that was either burnt or dropped on the floor. 

He wasn't usually this clumsy...things typically came naturally to Jungkook, be it sports, games or other activities. Whilst he had just had a session that was meant to calm his mind, he couldn't seem to focus at all at the current moment. Jungkook's stomach grumbled again, another painfully clear reminder of his hunger. He let out a frustrated groan. 

During his disgruntled situation, a second person walked through the doors of the kitchen, immediately eyeing the mess with distaste. 

"What on earth have you been doing in here?"

Jungkook jumped at the voice and snapped his head to the direction it came from.

The man standing in the doorway had light brown hair, brown eyes, perfect plump lips and a model's chiselled face. Another distinct feature was his broad shoulders, and taller stature, slightly taller than Jungkook. This must be Kim Seokjin, the other patient that lived in the building along side himself. 

The other one, that you treated. The other one who had your attention.

"What are you doing?" the older male asked again with an unimpressed face.

"...I was hungry," Jungkook replied with averted eyes. Seokjin's eye scrutinised the younger male, and the mess he had made. With a look of haughty disdain, he breathed in through his nose and squared his shoulder's pompously.

Jin had been beginning to feel stuffy and claustrophobic in his room so he had decided to take a short walk around the building and possibly whip up a quick snack only to run into Jungkook. Part of him felt pitiful at the sight he had found, so, as the gracious person he was decided he would help. 

"Someone like you hasn't the talent to make a decent meal. As an expert, I'll show you how its done, just don't touch anything with those clumsy hands of yours," he said rolling up his sleeves as he moved forward.

"I don't need any help, I'm perfectly abl-" a crackle from the microwave cut Jungkook short followed by the smell of smoke.

Seokjin sighed. "Move aside, let a professional do it because you're obviously incompetent."

Jungkook pouted but moved over silently, watching Seokjin clean and work swiftly like a magician in the kitchen with the limited sources of food they had to work with.