Chapter 37

He felt strangely calm, like his mind instead of the rough crashing waves of the sea it was before, it was now serene like an untouched lake in the mountains, quiet and still. It was a relief. A huge weight on his shoulders had been lifted. 

And it was all thanks to you.

"Miss (L/n) will be your therapist but as she isn't currently in the condition to work, I will be filling in for her," the lady with long dark hair spoke to him, drawing him out from his thoughts. 

"Miss (L/n)...? (F/n) right? Is she-" he trailed off and his brow furrowed in concern. "Is she alright?" 

The woman's eyes wavered slightly and she thought before responding. "(Y/n) is recovering...Slowly but she will be okay."

Why did it seem like she was trying to convince herself with her own words?

"That's a relief to hear," Namjoon said with a pressed smile. 

There was a moment of silence between the two, neither saying a word.

"(Y/n) has been through a lot," Jisoo began, Namjoon looking back up at her at her sudden informality. "I've known her for a long time, and I know that she will come out of this okay,"

"It's been a couple weeks, I know, but I believe in her and she always pulls through in the end. So you don't have to worry about her okay?" she finished with a guarded but kind smile. 

But he would worry.

The girl who incidentally and completely saved his life was unwell as a result. He wrung his hands anxiously. Was this his fault? He didn't want to be the cause of your poor health.

"Tell me, Namjoon- sorry," Jisoo paused looking up at him. "May I call you Namjoon?"

"Of course," he said, nodding. Jisoo's voice bringing him out of his worries.

"My name is Miss Kim Jisoo, but you may call me Jisoo if that makes you feel more comfortable during our session." Namjoon nodded again.

"Tell me, do you have any family, or friends to contact?"

"No family, and I have been living with a few others. Choi Seung-hyun and Kim Yong-sun. They're closer to being my friends than the others were. And another, his name is Hoseok, before he was admitted to Wings Mental Hospital..."

"Hoseok? By any chance do you mean, Jung Hoseok?" 

A look of surprise crossed Namjoon's expression.

"Yes,"

Jisoo bit her lip, considering whether to let Namjoon know that Hoseok was in fact in the very same building as they were. 

"That's quite a coincidence," Jisoo laughed sheepishly. "As a matter of fact, he's...He's here in this facility."

Namjoon's eyes widened in shock, before calming.

"How is he? I know from last time I saw him he wasn't doing well...Is there a chance I could talk to him later? And perhaps (Y/n) too? If she's feeling up to it," he asked, the last bit almost timidly from the way his gaze dropped to the floor avoiding Jisoo's stare. "I'll understand if she doesn't want to see me, after what I did."

"That was not you, Namjoon. None of it was your own doing. Your body was being used by a malicious being that is no longer here. You're free now. And this is a safe place for you to talk about anything you need to. This is a place for you to heal."