Chapter Seven

"Back up off him, Najah... he ain't neva gon' fuck you. Chill out." Royce rolls his eyes as he sets his sleeping daughter into her bed. Rolling her eyes, Najah bumps past D'Sean who was chuckling in the doorway.

"I don't want him anyway! Y'all some hoes!" She yells before slamming her bedroom door shut. D'Sean shakes his head as Royce grumbles to himself, following his friend out the room. They trail down the stairs, exiting the house and hop back into D'Sean's Range Rover. 

"That bitch get on my fuckin' nerve." Royce complains as he straps himself in the passenger seat. "She gon' have the nerve to call me ya fuckin' sidekick. Bitch I ain't no fuckin' side kick, we been runnin' this game togetha for years. Fuck her yo." He spits and D backs out of the driveway, making his way to the grocery store.

"Shorty just mad she ain't fuckin' wit you no more. Dick the bitch down one good time the scoot. That's all she want, that's why she keep tyrna fuck wit you." D'Sean coaches and Royce looks over at him, visibly irritated.  

"I ain't tryna get caught up in her shit. I get my pussy from somewhere else, I 'ont need hers. Trust me." He spits and D'Sean raises his brow at his attitude.

"Betta lower ya tone comin' at me, son. I ain't Najah, I'll smack you in ya shit." He spits back and Royce quickly snaps his head to look at him. He looks at him as if he were crazy before chuckling bitterly.

"Nigga you ain't gon' smack no fuckin' body. Go and cry over Natasha pussy again, weak ass nigga." He shoots back and D'Sean is quiet. "Fuck I thought." He nods, looking out the window.

"Fuck you, nigga." D'Sean rolls his eyes and things go silent between them. They got into petty arguments all the time but the two were like brothers. They'd fight but if someone came for one of them, the other one was there to quickly shut that down.

Pulling up to the local Walmart, D'Sean parks the car and steps out before waiting for Royce to do so. He takes his time, intentionally annoying his friend who'd just tried to punk him. Sucking his teeth, D'Sean gives him the eye but he continues to take his time.

"Stop fuckin' wit me, Royce." D'Sean rolls his eyes, making Royce laugh lightly as he shuts the passenger door.

"Why we at this damn store anyway? Don't you be havin' Maria ass doin' all the shoppin'?" Royce asks as they walk into the store, D'Sean picking up a basket.

"I told momma Carol that if she needed somethin' to hit me up. She sent me her grocery list because she ain't been feelin' well. I hope she okay though, I would hate for somethin' to happen to her, she like a mom to me." He explains as he pulls a box of pasta off of one of the shelves and drops it into the blue basket.

"That would be some shit if somethin' happened to her, she a good woman. Speakin' of moms, you talk to yours?" Royce shoots another question and D'Sean shakes his head before checking what was next on the list.

"Nah, she still wrapped up in that man after all these years. It's time to cut her ass off, it's for the better. Less stress on me to be honest." He answers and turns into another isle, Royce right behind him. "We gotta stop by the warehouse house after this, Pedro been sendin' some messages between Helix and some other nigga, they tryna flip our shit." D'Sean informs him.

"Fuck you mean? That nigga doin' us dirty? Fuck that, I'mma light that nigga up." Royce grumbles angrily but D'Sean places his hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"We ain't killin' this dude if he don't pose a real threat to our industry. 'Member what we agreed to? Take a life only when it's necessary. By these messages, these niggas don't know what the fuck they doin'." He coaches his friend before walking around the store, gathering the things on the list. After they've finishes, D'Sean pays for the items before they hop back in the car and make their way to Carol's home.