Chapter Nine

"I got some of the ladies lined up to do interviews, they should be on their way to the club right now." Royce informs D'Sean as he pulls out of the driveway.

"Ight." D'Sean mumbles before sitting back in his seat, his eyes closing. Royce glances over at him for a moment before shaking his head. The car ride is silent; Royce knew what had gone down between D'Sean and Natasha a few weeks ago so he was trying to take it easy on his best friend. As much as D'Sean told him he knew what the deal was, Royce knew that he still held feelings for Natasha. He also knew that D'Sean was a grown man now and was going to make his own decisions regardless of what he is told.

"You hungry, man? We can stop somewhere real quick and get something to eat." He asks D who just shakes his head, keeping his eyes closes. The dark circles under his eyes indicated the lack of sleep and the hollowing in his cheeks indicated that he wasn't eating right either. "Ight, D." He sighs and continues on us route to the club. 

Stepping out of his car, Royce shuts his door before waiting for D'Sean to step out. His heavy feet hit the ground and he groans as he pushes his door open. 

"What're we here for again? I forgot?" D mumbles and Royce runs a hand down his face, shaking his head.

"We just here to see how things look and do some interviews, you forget we just dropped half a mil on this place to renovate it?" He chuckles and D'Sean gives him a lazy smile. 

"We also ran Kendrick's old fat ass out this bitch too. Nigga really though we was gon' co-own with him." D'Sean laughs as they pull open the back door to the place. They share a laugh and make their way towards the back. A line of women catch their eyes and they walk over to them, analyzing their appearance. 

"Mmm..." Royce hums as he eyes a petite dark skin girl with kinky hair. She catches his eyes and blushes before looking back in front of her. Licking his lips Royce smoothly slides beside her and places a hand on her waist. "What's your name, shorty?" He smiles and she shyly glances up at him.

"Miracle..." She says softly and he smiles at her causing her heart rate to speed up. Royce, like his friend, had always been a ladies man. His caramel skin and green eyes always got him the attention he wanted. 

"Well, Miracle, you are a very beautiful woman..." He says huskily and she keeps her gaze on the ground as her cheeks heat up once more. "Let me offer you a better job than this, baby... I don't like sharing." He flirts and D'Sean just rolls his eyes at his friend. 

"Really? Will it pay as good?" She asks, her chocolate face lighting up at the offer. Royce nods, grabbing her hand and pulling her out the line.

"Hell yeah, you get way more fuckin' wit me." He informs her and she clenches onto his hand as he leads her to the back of the club, D following behind him. He had no idea what his plans were for the young woman but he knew Royce was smart and had something in store for her.

"That's some bullshit right there." One of the girls shakes her head at what just went down. D'Sean glances back at her and she immediately snaps her mouth shut. Sadly she'd already ruined her chance at a job in his club.

"Bitches..." He mumbles to himself before pushing open his office door. He takes a seat in the large chair and reaches for a file on the table. Opening it he seen the list of females who were currently in line and their ages beside him. He searches for Miracle's name and when he finds it he picks up his pen and begins to cross off her name. Her age catches his eye and he raises his brows.

"Damn... shorty only eighteen..." He mumbles. He'd inform Royce on that little detail later but for now he had to get these interviews rolling.

"Yo, boss, want me to start sending them in?" A man opens the door and asks and D'Sean nods. Sitting back in the chair, he taps his fingers against the desk as he waits for the first female to come in. The door opens once more and a white woman walks in, her blue eyes connecting with his brown ones.