Chapter Thirteen

Stepping out onto the streets of New York, D'Sean holds a mug on his face as he walks up to the car that was parked beside the road waiting for him. He slips his tall frame into the car before shutting the door behind himself. Strapping in his seat belt, he stays silent as Royce watches him get settled.

"You good, man?" Royce speaks up and D nods as he closes his eyes, leaning his head against the back of the seat. "Who went and turned you in?" Royce shoots another question as he pulls off. Clenching his jaw, D'Sean opens his eyes a bit, peering out at the road.

"Angie." He mutters and Royce shakes his head.

"Why she gotta step into somethin' that ain't got shit to do wit her? That's why I ain't neva get along with her ass in high school." He rambles and D just keeps quiet. "Natasha ass should've been in a cell right next to you then too... shorty came there buggin' on Yvette like she was ya girl." He adds. Running a hand down his face D'Sean looks out his window.

"You know I ain't lettin' shorty go down for shit... I gotta take responsibility for what I did. It's only fair." He mumbles and Royce kisses his teeth.

"Fuck that, D! You always lettin' Natasha off the hook. Just like a man should neva put his hands on a female, a bitch should neva put her hands on a man. That shit go both ways, homie. You really need to start thinkin'wit ya head and not the one on ya dick either. Natasha knows she can easily manipulate you so she does it. Open your eyes, man... I don't want to see you hurt again." He says and D rolls his eyes.

"Whateva, Royce. I ain't havin' this conversation. I just wanna get home and shower, somethin' I ain't been able to do in two days." He grumbles and Royce shakes his head but stays quiet.

Once they finally arrive at D'Sean's place, Royce parks the car in the driveway and hops out. Opening up the back door he unstraps his sleeping daughter and hugs her against his chest as he shuts the car door before hitting the lock button on his keys.

"Mind if we stay here tonight? I'm gettin' some shit redone in the house and I don't want baby girl breathin' anything in." Royce asks and D nods.

"You know it ain't neva a problem." He mumbles tiredly as he unlocks the door. The three of them get into the house and D activates the security system before disappearing upstairs. Stepping into his bedroom, he closes the door behind himself before pulling his phone out of his pants pocket.

Unlocking it he quickly dials up Natasha's number and places the phone to his ear. As he takes a seat on the bed he listens to the phone ring before he hears her pick up.

Sitting up in her bed, Natasha shuffles around a bit before putting the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" She grumbles tiredly and D'Sean licks his lips and stares down at his sneakers.

"Natasha..." He breathes out and her eyes widen a bit and she blinks a few times before clearing her throat.

"D... you're out... are you okay?" She asks and he smiles softly before kicking off his shoes.

"Yeah, I'm good, shorty. That's why I called you though... to see if you okay..." He says softly and she blushes before falling back against the softness of her bed.

"I'm good... healing fast." She responds and he clenches his jaw as a image of her bruised flashes through his mind.

"I'm so sorry, baby..." He whispers as his throat tightens and Natasha turns on her side.

"It's okay, D... I forgive you." She says in a soothing tone and his teeth bite into his bottom lip as he lays back on the bed.

"Can I make it up to you?" He mumbles and her womanhood tingles at the tone in his voice. Licking her lips she tosses her blanket from around herself and steps out of the bed.