Chapter Twenty-Two

"You ready to go in?" Miracle asks Royce softly, him staring out of the window at the many incoming students that were walking around campus. Swiping his tongue over his bottom lip he turns his head, gazing into her eyes.

"Not really but I know you gotta get goin'." He mumbles and she gives him a soft smile as he shuts off the car. Opening his door, he steps out before rounding over to her side and lets her out. She grasps his hand as he shuts her door and they make their way to the back of the car.

Opening up the trunk, he grabs a few of her belongings before shutting it back They make their way to her assigned dorm building and begin the check in process. Royce has Miracle stay back as he moves her things into her room, not wanting her to put in any work.

"That it?" Miracle asks as Royce sets a final box down. He nods, clenching his jaw as their departure comes close. Walking up to Miracle, Royce grips her waist and lets out a deep sigh as he hears her RA's calling out that there is a meeting for all the freshman in five minutes.

"I'm gone miss you, shorty..." He says softly and her eyes water, looking away from him.

"I'm gonna miss you." She says gently, a tear rolling down her cheek. Bringing his hand to cup her face, he uses his thumb to swipe her tears away.

"Don't cry... please. It's only gon' make my drive back home harder than it's gon' be now." He whispers, leaning down to press his lips to her own. "I love you, ma..." He mumbles after a quick kiss and she clenches onto his shirt.

"I love you, Royce..." She sniffles and he gives her a soft smile before cupping her face in both his hands. Their lips meet once more and their eyes flutter closed, kissing one another with passion. Royce pulls at her lips slowly and she follows his movement, squeezing his biceps.

"Meeting is starting now! Everyone lets group together!" The RA yells and they pull apart.

"I'mma let you get to ya shit now... call me when you free, ight?" Royce asks and Miracle nods, more tears threatening to come from her eyes. "Don't cry, I'm always gon' be a phone call away." He smiles as he backs out of the door. "I love you, Miracle." He finishes, giving her a soft smile.

"I love you, Royce." She whispers and he turns away, his throat tightening as tears build up in his eyes. He knew he'd see her again but he never had to say goodbye to someone he'd loved. Miracle being the first woman in his life he'd genuinely cared for.

Shaking his head to clear his mind Royce unlocks his car and slips in before starting the engine, making his way back home.

...

Nine o'clock rolls around as Royce pulls into the driveway of his baby mothers house. Sighing he swipes his hand down his face, him knowing that Najah was going to cause a scene about him coming so late to pick up his daughter. Opening up the car door he steps out and leaves the car running as he goes up to the door. Raising his fist he knocks a few times before stepping back slightly.

The door pulls open and Najah stands there, her eyes filled with fury making him sigh. Not saying anything he steps into the house and she slams the door shut behind him before gripping his arm, making him turn around and face.

"Why the fuck you comin' so late, Royce? You forgot you had a kid or somethin'?" She grits at him and he gazes at her wearily.

"I had to drive to Washington to drop Miracle off at school. Can you just grab Shani please?" He begs, not in the mood for an argument.

"How you do so much for that bitch and not for me? Payin' for her to go to college and shit... her pussy must me on another fuckin' level for you to treat her the way you do." Najah rolls her eyes at him making him clench his jaw.