Chapter Twelve

"Natasha get off of her!" D'Sean yells as he bends down. His arms wrap around her waist and he yanks her back as she thrashes around. "Stop!" He yells as her flying hands hit his face. After setting her down she immediately turns to him and throws hits, her anger quickly turning towards him.

Grunting D'Sean attempts to block her blows but when her fist makes contact with his eye his pupils dilate and he looses his strength to hold back. His fist flies across her face and she falls to the ground before him, D'Sean dropping down with her to wrap his hands around her neck.

Clenching his eyes shut D'Sean pulls roughly at his hair as the flashback runs through his mind once more. The image of a scared Yvette backing away from him floods his mind next and he sobs loudly. He truly didn't mean to lash out but something about Natasha always made him snap. How could he want Natasha so bad but couldn't restrain himself from physically hurting her?

Other females would piss him off but he never laid a finger on them, he couldn't understand what it was about her that made him do it. Shifting on the guest room bed behind him causes his wet eyes to look over, seeing Natasha stretch her limbs as she finally awakes. Her battered and bruised face makes his bottom lip quiver and more tears slip down his freckled cheeks. 

Fluttering her eyes open, she furrows her brows before realizing where she was. When she sees D'Sean looking at her she jumps up, her back pressing against his headboard as here eyes widen, her body tense. The crazed look in his eyes clouds her memory and she clenches onto the pillows beside her.

"I'm sorry..." He croaks out and she just continues to stare at him, afraid to move from the position she was currently in. "I'm so sorry, baby." He sobs, more tears leaking down his cheeks as he turns his face away from her. Blinking softly Natasha releases the tension in her muscles and stares over at him. D'Sean continues to bawl his eyes out as he holds his hand over his chest, clenching the area where his heart beats in hopes to reduce the pain.

"D..." She calls out softly before crawling over to him, carefully placing a hand on his shoulder to gather his attention. Looking up at her, he shakes his head as he gets a closer look at the wounds he'd inflicted upon her.

"Oh my god... Look what I did to your face... you to pretty for this shit." He growls towards the end before pulling at his curls once more. Natasha attempts to calm him down, to stop him from enforcing pain onto himself. 

"Stop, D'Sean... please..." Her eyes begin to crowd with her own tears as she watches him fall back into old habits. "Stop doing this." She whispers out as her hands grasp his own, pulling them away from his hair.

"We gotta get you cleaned up." He says suddenly and stands from his seat at the end of the bed and reaches his hand out to her. She grasps the big limb, noticing the traces of blood that stained his knuckles. Swallowing the lump in her throat she stands from the bed and allows him to lead her into the bathroom. 

When they step in front of the mirror she gasps, her hand covering her mouth as she takes in her reflection. Clenching his jaw D'Sean turns away from her and goes to retrieve a wash cloth to clean her face. As he's gone she runs her fingers over the many bruises that decorated her skin. More tears rush to her eyes and she closes them, stopping herself from getting worked up once more. Glancing over at the clock she sees that it's nearing nine at night. 

When he returns he turns the faucet on and runs warm water over the rag in his hand before setting it down. His hands wrap around her waist and he sets her on the surface of the sink before grabbing the cloth again. His other hand grasps her chin gently and he swipes the warm rag along her right cheek gently, clearing it of the blood that had leaked from her nose.