Chapter Fifteen

"Long time no see." Hayden smiles as Natasha walks up to the table. She gives him a faint smile, pushing her hair from her face as she seats herself.

"I know..." She trails off and he takes a sip of his water before setting his glass back onto the table.

"You went ghost on me since our last date... what's up with that?" He asks and she pushes her hair behind her ear as a waitress walks over, placing a menu in front of her and walks back off.

"I started seeing someone I was already involved with when we first started talking." She replies, keeping her eyes on the menu in front of her.

"That's coo... we can still be friends, right?" He asks before licking his lips. Natasha is silent for a moment before nodding.

"Of course." She smiles and he gives her a wink as a he picks his glass of water back up, sipping from it once again.

"So... who's the lucky man?" Hayden asks and Natasha looks back down at the menu, gazing over the many options.

"He was my boyfriend back in high school... er had broken up towards the middle of our senior year." She answers and he continues to stare at her as she reads over the menu.

"Why'd you break up?" He asks and she looks up at him before releasing a light sigh.

"We had trouble getting along." She states simply and he nods as the waitress makes her way back over to the table. 

"You two ready to order?" She smiles and Natasha gives one back as she nods.

"Yes, I'll have the shrimp scampi and a small salad on the side please." She orders, Hayden still gawking her from the other side of the table.

"Okay... what about you sir?" The waitress turns towards him and he snaps his eyes up to her own.

"I'll just take the classic burger and fries, everything on it." He smiles and she nods, writing down his order. She then dismisses herself, walking off towards the kitchen. "You look good today, Natasha." He compliments her and she blushes as she thanks him quietly. "How're things going down at the shop?" He shoots her a question.

"Their good, business is picking up." She smiles in triumph and he nods his head.

"That's good, that hard work really paying off now huh?" He chuckles and lets out a small laugh.

"Yes it is... all those years in school are finally meaning something." They share another laugh before things fall silent between them. Natasha clears her throat at the awkwardness in the air and looks around the restaurant, distracting herself from his intense stare. 

When their food arrives a small conversation sprouts between the two and the tension in the air slowly begins to reside. Midway through her meal Natasha dismisses herself from the table, making her way over to the bathroom. She was really beginning to feel the effects of being pregnant, one being that she always had to pee. 

When she finishes her business she flushes the toilet and exits the stall, making her way over to the sink. She washes her hands and fixes her hair in the mirror before turning to walk away. She bumps into a hard chest and stumbles back a bit, apologizing as she looks up.

"Hayden? Did you walk into the wrong bathroom?" She giggles and he smiles at her lightly.

"Shit... I must have..." He chuckles and Natasha shifts on her feet, starting to feel uncomfortable. 

"I think the men's room is across the hall." Her voice comes out small as she watches him advance closer to her, her heart hammering in her chest.