Chapter Fourteen

Natasha bites into her bottom lip as she stares at the pregnancy tests, waiting it for it to beep and reveal the results. Once it finally beeps she squeezes her eyes shut for a moment before re-opening them, looking down at the test.

"Fuck..." She whispers to herself, the positive sign blinking at her. With shaky hands she picks it up before opening D'Sean's bathroom door. He sat at the end of the bed, his fingers working to roll a blunt. Looking over at her, he smiles softly as he raises the wrap to his lips and licks across it before sealing it shut with his fingers.

"Hey, baby." He says and she gives him a soft smile before moving closer to him. She watches as he sparks up the blunt and brings it to his lips. Inhaling he holds the smoke in for a moment before releasing it into the air. Seating herself next to him, Natasha places the test in his lap and he looks down.

He stares at it for a moment before fluttering his eyes back up to hers. Swallowing the spit that had built up in his mouth he quickly ashes the blunt and picks up the test, inspecting it.

"It's real." She says softly and he nods, staring at it in amazement. He was ecstatic, if he wanted anyone giving birth to his seed it was her. Natasha on the other hand was terrified, she wasn't ready for a kid.

"We havin' a baby..." He whispers and she nods, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth as her eyes begin to tear up. "Don't cry, shorty..." He adds in softly and pushes the ashtray from between them, moving in closer to her.

"I'm scared, D." She says as tears roll down her cheeks and he cups her face in his hands, his eyes peering deeply into her own.

"You 'ont think I am? I 'ont know shit about havin' no kid but we gone learn, baby... we gone have to learn. And remember that no matter what I got you." He says before pressing his forehead to her own.

"What if we get rid of it..." She whispers and he clenches his jaw before gripping hers firmly in his tatted hand.

"Nah, shorty. The last thing you gone do is get rid of my seed. We made it we gone take care of it." He grits and she swallows the lump in her throat.

"What if it's not yours?" She blurts out and his brows raise as he pulls away from her.

"It betta be mine. You was fuckin' that one nigga? And witout a condom?" He begins to breathe heavily as he gets back in her face, his nostrils flaring.

"No... I-I don't know why I said that..." She whispers, looking away from him. His eyes rake over her face and he pulls back once more, his glare intimidating her.

"I'll kill that nigga if I find out you fucked him, Natasha. I put my name on ya shit, ain't no otha nigga gettin' it. You lucky I ain't murk the first dude who got some from you." He spits before standing up from the bed. "We ain't gettin' rid of the baby." Finishing off he grabs his blunt before disappearing out onto the balcony.

Natasha watches as he sparks up the blunt once more and brings it to his lips. The cool morning air hits his skin but he doesn't mind. After the excruciating summer they'd just had he was relieved that the fall weather was coming. Standing up from the bed she ambles across the room and stops at the sliding glass door.

D'Sean looks over and their eyes lock for a moment before he turns his gaze back out onto the streets. Natasha wraps her hand around the door handle and slides it open before stepping out. She shivers slightly at the nippiness and closes the door back, making her way over to him. Raising her hand she places it on the center of his back before sliding it down.

His eyes close, his jaw clenching as he gets wrapped up in her touch. Leaning forward Natasha places her lips on the large smiley face tattoo inked into his back and wraps her arms around his waist.