Chapter Twenty

The buzzing of a phone on the side dresser causes Natasha's eyes to flutter open. She'd already been struggling to fall asleep because how much pain the baby was causing so the phone only made things work. Letting out a rough sigh she reaches for the phone, realizing that it was D'Sean's. Furrowing her brows at the unsaved number she sits up, making sure not to wake her sleeping lover, before sliding the bar across the screen.

"Hello?" She says in a whisper and the other end is silent for a moment. 

"Is this Natasha?" The female on the other end asks and she looks over at D'Sean who began to stir in his sleep.

"Yes... can I ask why you're calling D'Sean's phone?" She asks, suspicions beginning to rise. 

"I need to come clean to you... about what me and D'Sean did a few months back..." The woman trails off and Natasha looks shocked.

"Can I ask who this is?" She shoots another question, attitude lacing in her tone. 

"Yvette." The chick says and Natasha's face reddens, shaking her head as she stares down into his freckled face. 

"And what the fuck did y'all do?" She grits out angrily causing the female on the other end to sigh before going silent for a moment.

"Me and D'Sean had sex... in his office at the club..." She reveals and Natasha begins to shake, her hand raising, preparing it to come down on his face. "Before you get upset at him there's another secret that I've kept from him and well, you too..." Yvette speaks, her voice breaking as she begins to cry. Natasha slowly brings her hand back down, waiting for her to continue talking. "When I went into his office that night, he'd already been drinking... he asked me to grab him another glass of henny from the bar and I did... but I slipped him something. I feel horrible now and I'm realizing how much I fucked up his life. I was so jealous of what you two had so I..." Yvette stops speaking, sobbing into the phone.

"Why? Why would you do something like that? What did you give him?" Natasha blurts another series of questions, her tone a bit louder causing D'Sean's eyes to begin to flutter open. She quickly pulls the phone away from her ear and slips from the bed just as he gets his eyes open. 

"What you doin', shorty?" He mumbles tiredly, staring at her short frame as she stood at the side of the bed.

"I gotta pee..." She lies and he nods, his eyes fluttering back closed and he begins to snore into the pillow again. Walking away from the bed she exits the room and slips into the bathroom that was down the hall. "Hello?" She says as she brings the phone back to her ear. 

"Yes... I'm here. But to answer your question it was ecstasy... he kind of knew what he was doing but he couldn't control it... that shit makes your hormones go through the roof. He even called out your name which only made me madder so I told him I was pregnant..." Yvette continues to lay everything out on the table. 

"He didn't wear a condom!" Natasha freaks out and Yvette shakes her head as if she could see her. 

"No, no! He did... I made sure of that... I'm not ready for a kid... I lied to get back at him. To make him try to work something out with me but all he wants is you." Yvette says and Natasha rolls her eyes. 

"As he should." She replies smartly and Yvette sighs.

"I just called to tell him the truth but since you answered I told you... don't worry though, I'm leaving him alone for good. The best thing for me right now is to focus on myself. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused." Yvette finishes, hanging up the phone before Natasha could say anything else. 

Pulling the phone away from her ear she stares at it for a moment before shaking her head. She exits the bathroom, making her way back down the dark hallway and into their bedroom. Quietly she sets his phone down and climbs back into the bed, staring at his peaceful state as she tries to figure out how to deal with this situation.