Diagon Alley

The next day I woke up to the sun shinning through my curtains. I knew what today was, I was finally going to have some freedom. And hopefully I wouldn't be identified as a Malfoy for the first time in my life. I don't understand how people can assume I'm related to them. They all have straight platinum hair, while I have extremely curly black hair.

I quickly got ready, I wore a black cloak over a short black skirt. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized how much black I was wearing. But I didn't care, I felt comfortable. Except my hair. I picked up a curl and examined it. It reminded me too much of my mother. I needed to do something different to it. An idea came to mind.

I snuck my way out of my room and into Narcissa's dressing room. She was Draco's mom, she pretty much raised me. She was my mother's best friend. When I entered the room I saw pictures of our family littering the wall. I walked towards her vanity where a giant book sat in the center. There was a makeup box next to it on one side with a brush and other beauty products on the other. I made my way up to see a book. The book was labeled:

Magic In Beauty

"What is Isabella doing?" The curious voice of Dobby asked from behind me. I jumped, not expecting someone to walk in on my snooping. I turned around to see Dobby sitting in one of Narcissa's plush chairs.

"Dobby, we have to be quiet!" I hushed placing my finger over my lips.

"Why though?" He asked standing out of the chair and waddling his way towards me. I loved Dobby with my whole heart. He was pretty much the only one who cared about my feelings in this house. If it wasn't for him, who knows how I would have turned out. I like to think that Dobby had a large influence on how I was raised. Yes, the Malfoys did a lot for me that I am grateful for. But Dobby gave me my morals and humility I'd like to think I possess. I don't know what I would do without him in my life. I think leaving him is probably going to be one of the hardest things about going to school.

"I'm looking for something." I answered looking around the desk before moving to the book to make sure there was nothing else important.

"What is she looking for?" Dobby questioned looking up at me.

"I don't know yet." I honestly replied.

I opened the book to a random page. The paper held the instructions and ingredients for spells that could change the color of your eyes to whatever you want. I continued to flip through the pages till I found a spell that could keep your hair straight for twelve hours no matter what. I ripped the page out of the book then shoved it in my cloak.

"Isabella shouldn't do that, what if Master Malfoy finds out." Dobby stated with fear evident in his voice.

"He won't." I shot back turning around and preparing to leave the room with Dobby following behind.

I made my way back to my room to see if I had anything else I needed to pack. When I entered all of my bags were packed. My bed was made and my room was clean. I had a pile of bags and suitcases stacked up to the side. That Dobby was currently sitting on.

"Isabella are you ready?" A voice called from downstairs. Most likely Draco's voice.

"Yeah! I'm coming, how do I bring this stuff down?" I hollered out.

"You won't need to, we hired people to bring yours and Draco's stuff to the train." A voice explained from behind me. I turned around to see Lucius Malfoy sitting in my chair watching me. I had grown used to his uncomfortable staring. He studied me with careful eyes, almost as if I wasn't the little girl he had raised.