Flourish and Blotts

The next day Lucius, Draco and I had to get more school supplies for the new year. We of course had to go get books for school. The shop was called Flourish and Blotts. Lucius and Draco left me in the store for a hour, while they went into another shop. The book store was crowded, probably because there was some book signing. When the Malfoy's finally returned, Lucius held a basket holding some books. While I looked around the shop with Draco.

"Look at this joker." Draco laughed pointing to Gilderoy Lockhart. Everyone knew who he was. He was an extremely well known wizard. Every witch I knew thought he was amazing, I on the other hand believed him to be a fraud. Draco and I watched him from below us, since he was on the bottom floor and we were on the second floor right above him. I could hear the garbage from his mouth all the way from up here. I looked over and saw Lockhart clutching onto no other than Harry! I couldn't help but laugh at how uncomfortable Harry looked while Lockhart ranted about his accomplishments. Lockhart gave Harry a copy of every single one of his books, I could tell Harry didn't want them.

Harry began to walk away, I looked over besides me to see Draco was gone. I did a full circle, I couldn't find him. That was until I saw him leaning on the stairs reading a book. I began to walk closer towards him.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you? Potter." I heard Draco snap as I watched him march up to Harry. I began to quicken my pace and pretty much run up to Harry.

"Famous Harry Potter can't go into a book
Shop without making the front page?" Draco continued. I walked up and stood besides Draco and placed my hand in his hand. He instantly calmed down for a second. Harry looked at me then our hands. He glared at our hands, he was about to say something. But a girl, maybe a year younger then us beat him to it. I looked around as we were surrounded by Weasley's along with Harry and Hermione.

"Leave him alone." The little red head girl glared at Draco. I assumed this was the youngest Weasley.

"Look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend. I guess your little crush on Bella is gone now?" Draco mocked. I yanked my hand away from Draco and glared at him. Why the bloody hell would he say that? I was about to yell at him but a hand landing on mine and Draco's shoulder had us both stiffening. I looked up to see no other then Lucius glaring down at us.

"Now, now, children. play nicely." He gently moved the two of us away so he could focus on Harry. I looked down, scared that we were going to get punished for this later.

"Mr. Potter. Lucius Malfoy, we meet at last." Lucius introduced offering his hand to Harry to shake. I watched as Harry cautiously took his hand. Harry looked at me as I cowered away trying to not draw attention to myself.

"Forgive me." Lucius stated as he yanked Harry towards him and examined his scar.

"Your scar is legend, as of course is the wizard who gave it to you." Lucius smiled, anyone could tell how much Lucius honored Voldemort.

"Voldemort killed my parents." Harry stated with disgust.

"He was nothing more then a murderer." Harry added pulling away from Lucius. He was brave, I would never have done such thing to him.

"You must be very brave to mention his name. Or very foolish." Lucius chuckled.

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself." Hermione shot. Lucius looked at Hermione like she was crazy for talking to him. I knew why he thought that, because she wasn't a pure blood.

"And you must be Miss Granger. Yes, Bella and Draco have told me all about you. And your parents." Lucius smirked, he was lying. I hadn't said anything about Hermione. Draco on the other hand would not stop calling her and all of her friends names. I could see Hermione look to someone for help, they clearly weren't coming to her rescue.

"Muggles? Aren't they? Let me see, red hair, vacant expression, tatty secondhand books? You must be the Weasleys." Lucius continued to attack the children. He picked up a book out of the youngest child's cauldron and examined the old bindings. I could feel Harry staring at me, as if he wanted me to do something to stop him. But what could I do?

"Children, it's mad in here! Let's go outside!" A dorky red head man with a pointed hat ordered walking up to the group. I assumed him to be Mr. Weasley.

"Well, well, we'll, Weasley Senior." Lucius greeted with fake excitement.

"Lucius." Mr. Weasley addressed not even attempting to hide his distaste.

"Busy time at the ministry, Arthur. All those extra raids. I do hope they're paying you overtime. But judging by the stats of this, I'd say not. What's the use of being a disgrace to the name of wizard if they don't even pay you well for it." Lucius smiled holding up the old book he took from the poor little girl.

"We have a very different idea about what disgraces the name of wizard, Malfoy." Weasley shot back.

"Clearly." Lucius agreed, probably the only thing the two did agree on.

"Associating with muggles. And I thought your family could sink no lower." Lucius sighed in disappointment. The two glared at each other. My eyes widened a little bit, how could he say that? He walked past Mr. Weasley and dropped the book back in the little Weasley's cauldron.

"I'll see you at work." Was Lucius's last word before walking away. Draco stormed up to Harry and Ron dramatically.

"See you at school." He glared waking away. I sighed and began to follow.

"Bye guys."  I silently whispered keeping my head down as I walked past them.

Draco and I had already boarded the train. I wanted to find Hermione and apologize for Lucius behavior. I couldn't find her, so I tried to look for Ron and Harry. I still couldn't find them. I sighed and sat down with Draco and his friends. Goyle was as touchy as ever, I hated this. I wish Neville's toad would come save me again. Or at least Neville.  I looked out the window throughout the whole ride. I was about to fall asleep, that was until I saw a flying car heading right towards us. I almost screamed, I couldn't see who was inside. But I watched as they struggled to drive, they clearly had never driven before. Then the car was gone, whoever that was I hoped they were alright.