The Battle

Isabella's POV:

I stood in a clearing of the Dark Forest, I had seen no sign of Draco. I stood in between my Mother and and Narcissa. I felt like I was about to throw up any minute.

"You traitorous little prat!" Hagrid hissed at me, while Death Eaters held him back. They had planned to use him as a way to lure Potter into showing his face.

"No sign of him, my Lord." A Death Eater addressed walking from the trees.

"I thought he would come." The Dark Lord sighed in disappointment. My mother followed behind him. Voldemort turned around and began to walk towards me and Narcissa. My eyes widened as Harry walked from the trees. The sound of him stepping on a twig turned the Dark Lord around to face the boy. He walked into the center of the clearing and looked at the Dark Lord.

"Harry? No! What are you doing here?" Hagrid cried out fighting the ropes that held him back. My heart ached for the two of them.

"Quiet!" A Death Eater ordered.

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived. Come to die." Voldemort whispered to the boy. Harry had no look of fear, I envied him. I would probably cry, when I faced my death soon. I watched as Harry stood strong.

"I forgive you, Isabella. Stay strong." Harry nodded to me. My mouth dropped in shock as he turned back to Voldemort. He had learned of my secret. Tears almost came to my eyes as I realized he had quoted Sirius. Sirius would always tell me to stay strong. Harry looked straight ahead at Voldemort, the two stood in silence for what felt like forever. The Dark Lord slowly raised his wand.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort casted as the familiar green light shot from his wand. When the green magic hit Harry the whole forest lit up. The Dark Lord went flying back and landed on the ground. I looked with wide eyes as Harry laid emotionless on the ground. A single tear rolled down my cheek for my old friend.

"My Lord? My Lord are you alright?" My mother repeated with worry bending over him.

"I don't need your help." He moaned as he pulled himself up. Narcissa and I made eye contact. I wiped the tear from my face and watched her frown. She slowly made her way to a lifeless Harry. She crouched down besides him. She blocked our site from him and checked for a pulse.

"The boy? Is he dead?" My mother asked walking up besides me. Narcissa slowly stood up and faced our large group.

"Dead." She addressed to the Dark Lord.

"Should we kill the giant?" A Death Eater asked.

"I say we make it carry the boy back to the school so we can show his followers." I suggested attempting to give Hagrid a chance to survive.

"Brilliant idea, Little one." Voldemort smiled as the Death Eaters allowed Hagrid to stand up and let go of him so he could pick up Harry. As we walked through the remains of my school. I couldn't help but think about the fact that Draco could be dead. I almost cried out at the idea of that. I stood right behind the Dark Lord along with my Mother, Hagrid, Narcissa, Lucius, and Harry's dead body. Voldemort pushed dead bodies off of the bride with his magic as we walked across. When we entered the center of the ruins there was no one around, except Neville. The poor boy had cuts and bruises up and down his body. Dried blood sat on the top of his head as he held an old witches hat. Soon more witches and Wizards followed behind Neville. Nagini slithered in between the Dark Lord and myself.

"Harry Potter is dead!" The Dark Lord laughed out.

"No!" Ginny sobbed attempting to run forwards as her father held her back. The girl cried out as Harry laid in Hagrid's arms.

"Silence! Stupid girl." The Dark Lord ordered glaring at the heartbroken girl.

"Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith in me." Voldemort repeated smiling evilly. I looked around the group in front of me. Everybody I had once been closed to looked devastated. McGonagall looked as if she could kill someone. Ron and Hermione looked at their dead best friend with grief. As I scanned the crowd, I searched for the familiar platinum hair.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort cheered turning towards his followers. Everyone began to cheer except myself.

"And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us! Or die." Voldemort smiled with open arms. I looked around as nobody moved.

"Draco!" Lucius hissed looking in the opposite direction. I snapped my head with happiness, that soon faded as I saw his condition. Draco's soft hair had been knotted and dirty, he was covered in ash, dirt, and blood. He glared at his father with hate and sadness. He had a look of unemotional hatred.

"Draco?" I whispered looking at the boy I loved. His glare slightly broke as he looked at me with fear and sadness.

"Draco come." His mother smiled at him as the two offered their hands to him. I hoped he would stay on that side and not get himself hurt. He looked down to the ground holding back his tears as he slowly made his way to the dark side. With each step my heart banged against my chest.

"Ah! Well done, Draco." The Dark Lord smiled encasing his arms around the frightened boy. Draco stiffened up as he received a hug from the Dark Lord. The Dark Lord let him go as he silently walked to our group. He ignored his parents as they tried to touch him. He took a few steps away from me. My heart shattered at the thought of him hating me, or not feeling the same way as I did about him. I almost began to cry. I was stupid for thinking he could actually have real feelings for me. The sound of steps against the concrete had my head snap up in shock to see Neville limping in our direction.

"Well, I must say I'd hoped for better." The Dark Lord mocked as Neville struggled to walk towards us. The entire army of Death Eaters laughed along with him.

"And who might you be, young man?" The Dark Lord asked taking steps to him.

"Neville Longbottom." He responded glaring at me. My heart shattered at the thought of Neville hating me.

"Well, Neville. I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks." Voldemort smiled.

"I'd like to say something." Neville interrupted.

"Very well, Neville. I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say." The Dark Lord glared feeling disrespected.

"It doesn't matter that Harry is gone." Neville barked glaring at the Dark Lord.

"Stand down, Neville." Seamus ordered with worry for his friend.

"People die. every day. Friends. Family. Yes, we lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, here. And so is Fred and Remus and Tonks and... all of them. They didn't die in vain. But you will. And you and you and you will. And so will you. Because you're wrong. Harry's heart did beat for us." Neville stated glaring at my mother and I. Little did he know how right he was.

"Isabella!" Voldemort laughed calling me forwards. Neville stopped what he was doing and looked at me in fear as I slowly stepped forward. I looked back at Draco to see silent tears stream down his face as he watched me walk to my death. Maybe it was for the best that he didn't love me. It would save him the heartbreak.

"Time to show them what you're capable of." Voldemort whispered into my ear. I nodded my head and took a few steps forwards and faced the whole group in front of me. I was ready to die for my friends.