Ch. 20

"What is your cousin trying to say the other day, by the way?" I asked as I put some of my clothes in my luggage terribly. I glanced at her and she stopped from her tracks.

"I said.. he's d-drunk right?" she stuttered whilst locking her luggage furiously. Isn't she acting weird? I just nodded. But still, I am not convinced.

-

I was humming a song while walking my way to the my car, just wanna check if I have my things and Eunha's since we're leaving after 20 minutes. I was about to close the door behind me when I met someone's eyes. He's glaring at me. If I'm not wrong, it's Eunha's cousin. He just stood still infront of me with his arms crossed.

"Hey." I was about to walk pass him and ignore him until he called my attention. I turned my head to his direction while his back is facing me.

"Why?" I questioned as he turned his body and his burning eyes towards me. I have somethings to say too, isn't this the right time?

"Who is that Irene, girl? What is your relationship with the other girl? What relationship do you really have with noona? Why are you hurting noona so bad?" he furrowed his eyebrows as he bombarded me with such questions. One question that bothered me; Why are you hurting noona so bad? What did he mean by that? I hurt her? In what ways actually?

"What?.... do you mean??" I got so confused with what should I answer first since he gave me a bunch of questions.

"Bro, you can't answer a question with a question. You should remember that." he stated while he laughed with sarcasm.

"Okay. First of all, Irene is my ex. Second, she is my friend. Third.. Eunha is my.... Friend? Too?"

"She's your... friend?" he tilted his head, quite questioning himself. "What do you mean? I thought you were her boyfriend?"

I gulped nervously as I had a loss of words. What should I reason actually? It would be weird if I told him that his cousin is just working for me.

"Oh! Well.. she is my girl-friend.." I say with an awkward smile as he gave me an unapproved face which shows that he's definitely confused in my words.

"What?"

"Okay. She is my friend. FRIEND." I emphasized the word friend. He just nodded with his right eyebrow being raised. I hope he is satisfied with the answer that I gave him.

We stood there for awhile, looking at eachothers eyes, silence enveloped the area. He stared at my eyes like he was reading what is in my mind which I found very uncomfortable that made me wander my eyes around.

"So... yeah. I should go now." I turned back around, to the direction of where my car is slowly but he grabbed my wrist that made me frown and look at him.

"You didn't answer the last question."

"Why are you hurting noona so bad?"

__________

💔😢