Chapter 8: Dreams

Previously~

Picking it up, I noticed that it was an unknown number causing me to wonder maybe it was the same one last time. So I ended up answering and thinking that I will hear the same thing as I have heard last time, but this time it was different. 

"I'm coming for you." the creepy voice said before they hung up.

~

 Christina's Point of View

I was locked in place as the call ended. I could hear the dial tone as well as the thunder outside. I licked my now dry lips and ended the call before throwing my cell down onto the couch. I wrapped my arms suddenly around my body as I stared around to see if there was an intruder. 

But if there was, wouldn't the alarm ring already? Maybe its a vampire, coming to suck your blood! My inner self whispered to me. 

I rolled my eyes after a couple of minutes of taking it in. Seriously what is wrong with my thoughts? Vampires don't exist!

I shook my head and chuckled lightly about my stupidity for a moment before a heard a sctraching sound coming from the front door. 

My chuckling froze in my throat as I listened in onto the echoing stratches. I walked silently over to the front door and peaked around the corner to see that the door was locked and secured. The alarm machine was still flashing a green light telling me that every door is locked. 

But the scratches continued and was kind of getting louder and louder causing me to cringe as it reminded me of how it sounds like when someone would run their nails down a chalk board. 

You know when you have this urge. The urge of when you hear something going on and you want to check it out just to make sure. Well I have that urge currently. But of course, my urge won so I ended up reachng for the lock. 

Of course, my cell decided to ring. I looked at my door, before turning around on my heel and walked over to where it was at. 

I picked it up and decided to not look at the caller ID, I answered it but before I could utter out an single word, they spoke fist. "I'm getting warmer!" it whispered. 

I took a deep breath, "Who is this?" I asked my tone was about to waver. 

They did not reply, it was quiet except for the sound of my hectic breathing that seem to be getting bigger and louder. 

Then laughter was all I heard from the other line. I scrunched my eyebrows up in confusion at that. Wondering how the laughter was similiar, before it came smacking me right in the face!

"KRIS! YOU! HOW COULD YOU!!" I cried out as I hit my forehead. 

"Sorry Christina! But I couldn't help it! The weather is so perfect to do it to you!" he exclaimed.

I plomped down onto my leather couch and stared at the Black TV screen before falling over to my side. "So you planned it out then?" I askd him.

"Mhm." he said, I could clearly picture his blonde hair bobbing up and down as he nodded along. 

I sighed and shook my head, my face containing a soft and weird smile. "Why would you do this to me? You know I hate horror things! And it reminded me of a horror movie!" 

"Well, how could I not! You haven't been answering me! It was like you disappeared these past few days! Are you okay?" He asked me the playfulness gone from his voice. 

I sighed and closed my eyes. "Yes, I am fine!" I said trying and hoping that he would listen to me. 

"No your not! Your not fine! Are you having these dreams again?" He asked me.