Chapter 19: Broken People

Christina's Point of View

I was listening intensely at Kris as he was talking about how this pne girl at his work was being a total slut. I tried my best to focus on what he was saying but my brain would drag me back to my encounter with Dylan earlier. 

It really brought shivers to me the more that I replayed how he looked at me. It was disgusting. Really disgusting. Of course Dylan isn't taht bad looking, its just that bad things had happened between us five years ago, and that really changed my perspective of him from there on. I wouldn't be lying when I said that I didn't miss him, cause I really didn't. I was happy that he was gone. But with him being back now, I'm just dreading it. 

"Are you still thinking about what had happened earlier at work?" Kris's voice said out to me, as he brought me out from my thoughts. 

I stared at him, my eyes wide with shock. "W-why do you a-ask that?" I said to him. 

He sighed and gave me a look before he spoke. "Because your shaking and shivering like a little leaf dear! That only happenes whenver we talked about him... we were not even talking about him." 

I sighed and looked at my plate. Kris was right. He knew me like the back of his hands, he even told me that I was like an open book that everyone could read. I hated that. I really do. 

I lened back against my chair and looked at him. "Its strange, because he said that he would never come back... and yet he did." I said softly to Kris. 

Kris knew what took place five years ago and so I knew that he hated Dylan's guts with all of his might. Thats why sometimes Kris was really protective over me with anyone. He always had my back. 

I felt Kris's hand overlap mine as he clutched it gently. "I am here. He won't do anything. So let's put him in the past, he is a dickless man child who needs to get some serious help... like serious help." kris started off causing me to laugh a bit at his statement. He smiled at that before he continued again. " So, let's get fucking drunk tonight and have some fun!" He said.

I sighed and nodded my head. Kris will always be the number one person that I can come with with any problems that I might face. 

.

.

I swayed lightly with the beat of the song that was playing from Kris's Iphone as the lyrics really moved me. Peaking my eyes, I noticed that Kris was fully standing in my backyard and was full on swaying his body as if he was in the club. If you guessed it all, Kris was surely drunk and me? Well I am a bit tipsy and that was fine enough for me. 

I closed my eyes once again and continued to move to the song, but then Kris's voice made me stop completely. I turned and looked at him as he staggered his way over to me. 

"Girlie! I just wanted to say that I lvoe you! And like let's sing?" he said in a loud voice. I laughed and lightly brushed his hair away from his face. " Your drunk... so how can you sing?" 

He looked at me and shrugged. "We can never know can we?" He said with a smirk. 

I laughed and nodded my head. "Fine, lets sing then. What song?" I asked him as I watched him pour himself another drink. 

"Just a fool!" He screeched out. I laughed and nodded my head. "Just a fool then." 

"Uh
Eh

Another shot of whiskey please bartender
Keep it coming till I don't remember at all
How bad it hurts when you're gone (na na na)

Turn the music up a little bit louder
Just gotta get past the midnight hour (uh huh)
Maybe tomorrow it won't
Be
This
Hard
Who am I kidding
I know what I'm missing

You
I had my heart set on you
But nothing else hurts like you do
Who knew that love was so cruel (Yeah yeah yeah)
And I
Waited and waited so long
For someone who'll never come home
It's my fault to think you'll be true (Yeah yeah)
I'm just a fool (Yeah)

(Kris)
I said that I don't care
I'd walk away whatever
And I tell myself we were bad together (Uh huh)
But that's just me trying to move on
With
Out
You

(Together)
But who am I kidding
I know what I'm missing
Hey
I had my heart set on you
But nothing else hurts like you do
Who knew that love was so cruel(Yeah yeah yeah)
And I
Waited and waited so long
For someone who'll never come home
It's my fault to think you'll be true (Yeah yeah)
I'm just a fool

(Kris)
For holding on to something that
Is never ever gonna come back
I can't accept that it's lost

(Christina)
I should have let it go
Held my tongue
Kept my big mouth shut
'Cause now everything is just wrong, wrong, wrong...

(Together)
I'm just a fool
A fool for you
I'm just a fool

I had my heart set on you
And nothing else hurts like you do
Who knew that love was so cruel (Yeah yeah yeah)
And I
Waited and waited so long
For someone who'll never come home
It's my fault to think you'll be true (Yeah yeah)
I'm just a fool
I'm just a fool
I'm just a fool

It's my fault to think you'll be true (Yeah yeah yeah)
I'm just a fool"