Chapter 23: Second Chance?

Jake's Point of View

After all this time and now that she was back, I was dyig to ask her one question but was a bit unsure to ask her. I knew that it would be stupid if I just suddenly went out and asked it, but knowing that she was finally back. I wanted to just go out there and see if she will accept what I was going to tell her and here I go.

"Christina... I want to ask you something." I started off. She looked at me before nodding her head. I could see some uncertainty in her eyes but I just continued on with it.

"I know that I have put you through enough and that you probably are  not going to accept whatever I am about to say to you but I just wanted to ask you if I can get another chance? I know that I have fucked up in the past and that you are still hurt from what I had done to you, but knowing the fact that your back I jsut wanted to prove to you that I changed. That your the apple to my apple pie. The beetle to beetlejuice. The moon to the stars. So please can I get a second chance with you... for us." I begged her.

Christina's Point of View

 My eyes were wide as I took in what he had just said to me. I could tell that he was nervous seeing as his eyes were always moving elsewhere before it landed right back on me. Then I couldn't help it. I bursted out laughing as I clutched my already hurting stomach. 

Peaking through my wet eyelashes that was coated with my tears to see that his facial expresssion was just utter shock and confusion, causing me once again to laugh very loud. I slowly drifted towards the ground as I was trying to catch my breath.

"A-are you okay?" Jake called out to me. I sighed and silently wiped away my tears that was falling down my bright red cheeks. I let out a light breath and nodded my head with a smile on my face. Standing up with the help of Jake I leaned against the counter once again. Facing him as I told him my answer.

"Yes... I will give you a chance. Since after all we both never got our happily ever after..." I said to him.

He simply stared at me first before he broke out into a huge smile and engulfed me into a bear hug while he twirled me around in his arms. I missed htese sparks that was exchanged between us, and since I didn't really want to miss it anymore, I snuggled deeper into his neck as his laughter was echoed around the entire kitchen and possibly around the house.

.

.

I yawned as I stretched my body as I was sitting beside Jake on the love couch. I could feel Jake's eyes on me, and I was right. As soon as I dropped my hands back to my sides, I looked over to see that he was watching me. Finally only happiness and love was in his eyes. There was no longer sadness in it. 

I smiled lightly at him and he exchanged a warm smile back at me. "Tired?" he whispered to me as he tucked in a strand of hair behind my ears. I nodded my head. "Yea.. I'm drained right now..." I said as equally soft as he. 

He nodded his head and silently carried me, catching me off guard. I wrapped my arms around his neck causing him to chuckle at me. "I would never drop you babe..." He said to me. I blushed a deep red as I heard him call me babe. "Yes I know that... but you just caught me off guard." I said to him. 

He chuckled and nodded his head. "Okay then." he said as he started walking. I rolled my eyes since I knew that he didnt really believe me. 

"This is like old times huh?" I suddenly said to him He slowed down his walk and turned and looked at me before slowly nodding his head. 

I sighed and looked down. "I knew that the past is something that we can't really brush off. It changed us... probably for the better good or for the worse but all that counts right now is that we are together. And together we can make things work for the best. For our future that we are meant to have." He inhaled sharply and nodded his head. 

"Of course." He said to me. 

As soon as we entered my room, I climbed onto the bed and patted the empty space beside me. He looked at it before he slowly stripped off his clothes and climbed in with me. 

"Good night." He whispered to me. I lenaed my head against his arm, "Good night... Jake." I said to him. 

After a couple of minutes, I knew that Jake has not fallen asleep, and since I didn't fall asleep was all because of my train of thought currently. 

I bet you all are confused as to why I would give him another chance for what he had done to me. But these past years since my passing he has suffered and learned from his mistakes. He was always haunted by his past and I knew that if I ended up not giving him a second chance then he would always be suffering. I want to put an end to his suffering. And shouldn't I deserve a chance at happiness as well? I bet your also saying that I could end up falling in love with another person and move on... but I can't. I can never do that to Jake. My heart always belonged to him even though I pushed him away 10 years ago. Pushing him away was to protect him from the fact that I was dying. But now that I'm back and hopefully healthy, I won't have to push him away. 

With that thought, it brought tears to fall down my face, and I was thankful that Jake didn't feel it. 

.

.

Jake's Point of View

I could feel her tears drip onto my arm as I laid still. Oh how badly I wanted to wipe the away, but I knew that if I did she would end up feeling more vulnerable than now. And I can't let that happen. 

I will not lie and say that I was happy that she accepted me. I was really happy. But the one thing that is bugging me is that even if we end up working on things to forget about the past. The past will always be behind us. It will always be the one to try and wedge a dagger in between the things that we work hard to fix. And for taht I am scared of it happening in the fufute. I know that this will make me a selfish person, but I want her to fall in love with someone else other than me. To stay far away from me and to love someone else that will treat her right as I couldn't do in the past. I know that I am capable right now of lovuing her and treating her with everythng that is inside of me starting now... but will it be enough to wipe away the scars that I had made on her soul? 

God, how much I was it will. 

I turned around slowly to face her and lightly wrapped my arms around her trembling body as she still weeped. But as soon as my arm made contact with her body, it stopped trembling so did her silent cries. 

I slowly pulled her body towards me and embraced her. Stuffing my face in her hair. I kissed it. There was no words exchanged between us. There didn't have to be any. We were okay like this and will work through the hardships taht we might face now. But it will never stop me from giving my heart to her to keep. 

.

.

.

.

===========================================

Follow. Vote. Comment.