Chapter 10: Masquerade Ball Part 1

So lately, I have been getting alot of messages from some of you saying that I should edit my stories right away, and yes I do agree with that and all, but I have to say I will edit Don't Leave once I am done with Don't Forget. So if you guys can't accept that, then I am sorry but I feel like it would be better for me to get this story done first before I edit. I am currently  under a lot of stress and some of you guy's messages are really just adding another load of stress and maybe anger onto my plate, and I never want to be angry at you guys EVER! But I can't help it when I'm being pressured. And for those of you didn't say anything about my stories have to be edited and just messaged me saying these really nice and helpful things, I wanted to just say thank you! But if the messages get even more extreme than now, I will probably delete this book or put it on hold, and if it gets to one of these two options, I am truly sorry. So since I got that off from my shoulders, let's get back to the story shall we? 

~

Previously~

"We are so ready for the Ball tomorrow!" he exclaimed after he showed me what his tux looks like. I nodded and smiled at Kris. I was very excited about tomorrow. Also something inside of me felt like it has awoken, as if something was going to be there for me. 

~

Jake's Point of View

Tonight was the ball that is being held at this fancy hotel. It is being thrown in honor for the High Alpha Artemis who is turning 700 years old. I made sure that everything and everyone is in check and order. As I did not want to have my pack be an embarrassment to the other Alphas who would surely rub it in my face. 

Jason and everyone else was suppose to come, but of course he was worried for his mate and that was a great excuse to not attend. But the one thing that I worry about it Tristan. 

I heard that he had found his mate not too long, but of course is not treating her right in terms as the Luna of the pack. He would not allow her to run her duties, just make her sit there and be pretty until he knows for sure she is good enough for the role. Which is really stupid if you ask me but I can't say anything, unless I want to have a sudden war. Which is a big no-no. 

I went over to my bed and looked at the raven black armani suit that was simply laying there. The black bow tie was laying right above it, my shoes were below it and then there was the royal blue mask. I lightly traced it and wondered why in the world Trevor forced me to wear this instead of the bloody red that had black intricate designs all over it. 

Something seems to be fishy about Trevor. Nowaday he seems to be hiding something and everything I ask him, he tenses up and always break out into a cold sweat. I know that I could order him to tell me the truth by using my Alpha voice, but I don't want to use that on my friend. He will tell me when the time is right or even when he feels it is right to tell. 

I sighed and dropped next to my suit and laid there. Staring at the ceiling. Christina... My dear Christina. 

I couldn't help but wonder what that girl is doing right now. You know, the girl that looks like Christina. I didn't even know that my eyes closed by themselves, until I realized that my breaths were getting deeper and much more heavier. A little nap won't hurt anyone right?

My eyes snapped open, as I heard my mother's footsteps coming directly to my room, and that caused me to stand up and rush towards the bathroom where I jumped in, to get a quick shower. 

I couldn't believe that I had slept. By the time that I got out from my bathroom, y mother was already inside my room and was looking at my mask. "This mask is beautiful son. Where did you get it? I thought that you were going to wear the red one." My mother questioned me as she picked it up. 

I stratched my head, "Umm. Trevor gave it to me to wear. He said that it would look really good with me so." I shrugged at the end. 

She nodded his head and put the mask down. "Get dressed. We don't want the Alpha to be late now shall we?" My mother teased me before scurrying off out of my room. I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly before throwing my towel on the leather chair. 

"Let's get this over with shall we?" I muttered as I began to slip on my clothes. 

.

.

Christina's Point of View

(At the same time when Jake is getting dressed)

The curls lightly bounced as I ran my fingers through them lightly. Pushing them all to the right side of my neck, I reached down and grabbed some black bobby pins so that I could pin my hair all to the right side. After that was done, I turned some of the curls to make it lay just right. 

"There! All done!" I muttered to myself. 

Reaching down once again, I re-applied my natural pink lipstick and dropped it into my clutch that had many other things that may come in handy. 

KNOCK

KNOCK

KNOCK

 I didn't bother turning around to see who it was since I already knew who. It was Kris. "Wow, you look absolutely beautiful! And the boys will totally go after you tonight!" Kris's loud voice echoed around my bedroom. 

I smiled and shook my head before turning around to see him. "No they won't, since you willt ake them all away from me before I even ahve the chance to talk to one!" I playfully said. 

He laughed and nodded his head. "Oh girl. You know me so well! But not today. Since I have someone already." He said with a faint pink blush appearing on his cheeks. 

I stared at him and mvoed a bit closer. "Is that a blush?" I said teasingly. 

He playfully glared at me and covered his cheeks with his hands. "He must make you feel very special huh?" I questioned softly. 

It was the first time I saw Kris like that. Mostly when he meets the right guy, he would simply just smirk around and say jokes, and his reaction right now is totally different. Kris nodded his head and softly looked at the ground with a soft small smile on his face. 

"He does... I feel these sparks whenever I touch him... We are meant to be together!" He said with a distance gaze in his eyes. 

I smiled and hugged him. "And I can't wait to meet him!" I exclaimed. Kris smiled and laughed. "You will absolutely love him! He was the one who choose this color for you!" 

I stared at Kris with wide eyes. "Oh really?" 

He nodded his head, "of course. He has great fashion sense just like me!" he said that while motioning with his entire arm down his body. 

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Of course." 

He stopped laughing and looked at me with a smile, and a slight glint in his eyes. I squinted and was about to question him but he of course cut me off. 

"Here let me do the honors of putting on your gorgeous mask!" he said and before I could reply, he was already up in my face, tying it securely around the back of my head. 

I simply shut my mouth and kept my steady gaze on him. "Let's go shall we?" he said offering me his arm. I sighed and nodded my head before interlocking my arm with his. Knowing the plain fact that I won't be able to get if out of him as he was like a freaking safe. 

.

.

.

.

===================================

Follow. Vote. Comment