Chapter 20: Winter's Kiss

Christina's Point of View

I was currently sitting on the stool that was located in my kitchen. Slowly sipping hot coffee as it was a bit too early for me to transmit everything. My eyes were always trying to shut, but as much as I would like that, I just can't. Today, I have to do many things. Things that also invovle Kris, but of course that fart is sleeping his bum away. 

Maybe a little nap won't hurt. I thought to myself, and deciding not to climb back into bed, I simply rested my head on top of my arm and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

~

My eyes fluttered open and it took me a couple of minutes to get all of my senses together. Once it was all collected, I slowly lifted my head up and the first thing that I noticed was that I was not wearing the close that I was wearing today. Instead I was wearing a red soft sweater that had a white peter pan collar. My hair was curled lightly at the ends. 

I was absolutely confused at what was going on  as my eyes widened. I lifted my hands up and lightly traced the counter as it suddenly changed color into a deep black. 

Suddenly standing up, I twirled around but colliaded into somethng hard. Stepping a couple of steps back, I opened my eyes and looked up to see who it was, and once again it left me into shock. 

"Jake." I whispered out. 

He smiled at me and raised his hands, carefully touching my cheeks before planting a sweet kiss on my forehead before walking around me to the fridge. 

As he did that, his sweet scent entered into my air, It smelt like something woodsy and fresh in a way. My eyes watched his toned back as it flexed when he began to waash the apple. Then it trailed over to what he was wearing. It matched me in a way. He was wearing a red cardigan with a white button up shirt. Black skinny jeans and of course black shoes. 

"You know, take a picture it will last longer." Jake suddenly said as he tilted his head a bit and gave me a side smirk. 

I felt something overcome me, and it was like I was pushed back. "Oh? Well maybe I should take a picture of another guy." I suddenly said. But that was not me. I wasn't in control of my body. What is going on!

Jake's expression suddenly turned dark and all of the happiness was gone from his eyes. "You what?" He said slowly at me. 

I could feel the corners of my lips fighting to stay neutral. "You heard me right." I said slowly as well. 

Jake started laughing before he looked at me once again. "Oh you better run baby." He said and that was when my entire body began to run. 

But while I was running, I began to get this flashes through my mind, that at the end of it made my heart break and shatter. Me being tortured. Me being hit repeatedly by everyone. Feeling helpless at everything Me being pushed out from somewhere, leading me to a someplace new. A new country. Meeting new people. Finally feeling welcomed and loved. Then suddenly I was sitting in the hopsital, my eyes wide with tears streaming down my pale cheeks. But the one thing that really made me stop in my tracks was the fact that I could read what the doctor was mouthing to me. 

I shook my head and pushed the two doos that was in front of me open. Cold air hit me as I took a step outside, I catched my breath and I could finally feel me taking my body back. 

I looked around and was shocked to see that it was snowing. Lifting my hands up, I lightly felt the tiny snowflakes hit the palms of my hands as I stayed still and watched it slowly descend down. I could feel and remember the song that I had sang last night replay through my mind as I kept my gaze on it. Then without me knowing, I began to lightly sing the song once again.