-/12\- I Knew I Loved You For A Reason

A S H T O N
Luke had carried her into the ambulance, not trusting any doctor to do it. We were now seated in her hospital room at 5 in the morning. It was our time off, we didn't have another show until the 27th. This was not how I was expecting it to go. She hadn't opened her eyes since she closed them. I was liking fans tweets and posts about her. They were sending their love and support. I looked at the blonde girl lying in the hospital bed. Luke was holding her hand in a chair next to her bed. She's even beautiful with messy hair and blood all over her face. I've been keeping something a secret for a very long time. I have a crush on Luna. I know nothing can ever happen, I'm not stupid but she's the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Inside and out. Plus Luke would murder me. The fact that she's been in an abusive relationship explains a lot. It explains why she always flinched when I touched her. Calum, Michael and Billie were all asleep on the couch in the room. "Luke you need to sleep, you've been up for over 24 hours," I said. "I can't. I need her to wake up," he said. "She's breathing mate. Just take a nap," I said. I had a very short sleep for about an hour. He nodded and swapped chairs since mine was far more comfortable. I took Luna's hand. She was wearing her jeans and singlet still. I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Luna please," I whispered. I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb. I studied her gorgeous features. She had pale skin and light freckles scattered over her nose and upper cheeks. She had long eyelashes and an incredible jawline. I want her to smile so I can see her dimples. I dropped her hand and rested my head on the mattress. I soon felt someone's hand stroking my hair. "Come on Irwin, don't cry over me," I heard a scratchy sarcastic voice say. I looked up and saw her blue eyes. I smiled. I gave her a huge hug and she hugged me back. "I'm gonna go tell the doctors you're up," I said getting up. I got a nurse and she brought in a doctor. I woke up everyone else and Luke ran to her and hugged her. Mike, Cal and Billie hugged her too. The nurse and doctor asked her a bunch of questions I wasn't listening to. I smiled as they replaced the bandaids on her face before leaving. "Tell us about Craig," Cal said. "Billie," Luna said. "Come on Luna he attacked you!" She said.

"Fine. Craig was my boyfriend for a year. He asked me out on a date in uni. He was everything you'd want in a perfect boyfriend. He was handsome, loyal, charming, kind. Then, after two months the real him was exposed. He got extremely violent with me. He would hit me, he would constantly tell me I wasn't worthy of love or kindness. He would cheat on me and when I would confront him he would turn it around and make me think that the way I felt was wrong. He always had to know where I was and who I was with. He was possessive and cruel. We finally broke up 4 months ago. I never thought I'd see him again but he found me outside the venue," she said. I grabbed her hand. Luke looked like he was going to kill someone. "Luke," Luna said. "He's not going to hurt you again Luna, we promise," Michael said hugging her. The doctor walked in again. "Okay miss Hemmings, you should be fine to leave in an hour or two, once all your tests are back," he said. She nodded. Luna answered a call from both her other brothers and her parents. After she was given the ok to leave we got an uber back to the bus. Greg was waiting there because he said if Craig finds the bus he's going to get him arrested. Luna sat in the lounge playing some game with Calum, Michael and Billie were making out in Michael's bunk and Luke was asleep. I went and sat next to Luna. I looked at her smile as she won. Her dimples on full display. Calum groaned. "I'm going to cook food now," he said getting up. "Wanna watch something?" Luna asked me, giving me her full attention. "Only if that something is Family Guy," I said. "I knew I loved you for a reason," she giggled turning it on. She rested her head on my shoulder and I felt my heartbeat increase. She had changed into a cropped shirt and some black shorts that were driving me insane. It was so hard to be this close to her and not kiss her right now.

I looked at her and smiled. Calum walked back in and handed us both a coffee before leaving again. The rest of the day was filled with eating and me trying as hard as I could to hide my feelings. This is going to be a long tour.