-/22\- Flashback

A flashback to February 6th 2010..
I sat down on the metal bench next to my brother and our friend Calum. I watched as the people walked around the high school aimlessly. No one really paid attention to us. The only friends I had were my brother and his friend. Luke and I were 13 while Calum was 14. "I'm going to the canteen," I said, standing up. They nodded. I ordered a bottle of juice and paid before walking away. A taller guy ran into me pushing me over. "Shit I'm sorry," I said quietly. I picked up my juice and put it in my bag. "I run into you and you apologise?" He laughed. "Hey you're Michael right?" I asked. He nodded. "Wait, are you related to Luke Hemmings?" He asked. "Yeah, he's my twin brother, I'm Luna," I said. "Nice to meet you, that's weird, see don't take this the wrong way but I hate your brother," he said. I laughed. "He hates you too don't worry. That's how I know who you are," I smiled. "You're not as irritating as he is," he said. "Thank you, although I don't think anyone is. You're definitely not the demon spawn he makes you out to be," I smile. "Do you want to come with me to this new game shop that opened last week? I was going to go with my mate this arvo but I think he's going somewhere with his girlfriend," he smiled. "Yeah ok, see you then Michael," I said as the bell went for last period. "See you then Luna," he smiled.

Over the next year Michael and Luna got very close. They almost instantly became best friends and hung out every day. Michael decided to start calling Luna Moony because 'Luna' in Latin meant 'The Moon'. Michael and Luna would spend most lunches either playing soccer by themselves or more likely in the music room playing guitar. Once they got older and the band started Luna and Mike still went places by themselves sometimes and they remained best friends.

Flashback to November 28th 2016...
Mike grabbed my wrist gently. "Where are we going you weirdo?" I asked him. He had just turned 21 a few days ago and I was 20. The boys were in Sydney for a little bit right now before heading back up to LA. He was currently wearing black skinny jeans, an AC DC muscle tank and a black jacket. He had texted me telling me to get dressed immediately. It was 2 in the morning let me tell you. It was pitch black outside. I had gotten dressed into black skinny jeans and my black hoodie. I was living on my own at the moment. He opened the passenger door of his black car for me and I thanked him, getting in. After a minute he was in the drivers seat. "Michael it's 2 in the morning! Where are we going?" I laughed. "It's a surprise," he smiled. He turned on the CD in his radio which happened to be Green Day. We sang in our best impersonations of Billie Joe Armstrong. Once he parked in a car park it was around 3 am. I looked out the window and smiled. "You brought me here at 3 am?" I asked him. "I wanted to come before it got busy," he said smiling. We got out and looked at the huge tree that had flowers all over it. He opened his boot and pulled out two acoustic guitars. "You motherfucker," I smiled, taking the one he was offering me. This tree is next to the game shop that we went to in 2010. It closed in 2013 so instead of hanging out there all the time we would take our guitars to this huge fucking tree. There was a servo across the street. In half an hour we were sitting at the base of the tree with slushies and we were playing random little riffs on the guitar. One of us gaining the attention of the other when we would play one of the songs we made up together 7 years ago. "I love you Moony," he smiled. "I love you too and you're so lucky that I like this because if you woke me up for something stupid I would've slapped the shit out of you," I said laughing. God I miss them all so much when they leave. I have work and uni in like three hours. I didn't care at this point. After about an hour we packed the guitars back in his car and he drove me home.