Chapter 4: Kamino

With that we left, making our way to Kamino. Thanks to Sidious's intel, I knew the coordinates of Kamino. As soon as I landed a female Kaminoan greeted me.

"Welcome to Tipoca City, Kamino." She greeted. "I am Taun We."

"Sorry to trouble you, but I'm looking for an old friend of mine." I informed her. "His name's Jango Fett."

"Ah Jango. Of course." She nodded. "Right this way. I'll take you to him."

As we walked through the hallways, Taun spoke up. "For a moment I believed you were a Jedi."

"Oh no...I'm just a pilot." I lied.

We soon arrived at a door, which opened to reveal a young boy who looked very similar to Jango. The boy narrowed his eyes upon seeing me.

"Good afternoon Boba, is your father inside?" Taun inquired.

The boy nodded, reluctantly letting us in. As soon as Jango saw me, his eyes widened. "Amra?"

"Hello Jango." I greeted.

"What're you doing here?" He inquired, lowering his voice.

"I had to see you. It's urgent." I explained.

At that moment another Kaminoan approached Taun We and whispered something. Her eyes then lit up. "A Jedi."

My face paled at her words. Obi-Wan? As soon as the Kaminoan left, Taun turned to us. "Forgive me, but I must leave."

With that she left me alone with Jango and his son. Jango crossed his arms. "So what is so urgent that you needed to come and see me in person?"

"It's one of the Jedi who have protected the senator. I discovered he's coming here to Kamino." I explained. "I'm afraid he's coming to find you."

His expression hardened at my words. "That's problematic."

"Dad, what's going to happen?" Boba asked.

I could tell he was trying to hide his fear, but I could sense it.

"You both need to leave now." I urged. "He will come."

Jango nodded, giving me an appreciative look. "Come Boba. We must leave."

However before we could leave, Taun returned and this time with Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan's eyes slightly widen upon seeing me. I averted my gaze, looking anywhere but Obi-Wan.

"This is Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's come to check on our progress." Taun said, introducing him.

"That right?" Jango asked as he gave Obi-Wan a cold look.

"Your clones are very impressive. You must be very proud." Obi-Wan complimented.

Jango shrugged. "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe, Master Jedi."

"Aren't we all?" Obi-Wan retorted. "Ever made your way as far into the interior as Coruscant?"

"Once or twice."

"Recently?"

Jango eyed Obi-Wan very carefully as he replied. "Possibly..."

"Then you must know Master Sido-Dyas?" Obi-Wan mentioned.

Jango flashed Obi-Wan a quite thin smile. "Master who?"

"Sido-Dyas." Obi-Wan repeated. "Isn't he the Jedi who hired you for this job?"

"Never heard of him. I was recuited by a man called Darth Tyranus on one of the moons of Bogden." Jango explained, making me feel very uncomfortable.

"Curious." Obi-Wan replied.

As they continued talking, I could sense the tension growing in the room. Obi-Wan then turned to me. "Fancy finding you here, Iretia."

I narrowed my eyes. "That's not my name, Jedi."

"Back to being cold to me I see." Obi-Wan commented, raising my anger.

Jango seemed to notice as he intervened. "Do you like your army?"

"I look forward to seeing them in action. Thank you for your time, Jango." Obi-Wan replied.

"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi." Jango rebuked, keeping a collected expression.

Before Obi-Wan left, he turned to me. "Iretia, a word?"

I tensed up yet I tried to keep calm as I nodded. "Of course."

I glanced back at Jango, mouthing to him that I'd keep him busy. As soon as Taun escorted us outside and left, Obi-Wan turned towards me with a stern look.

"What were you doing with that bounty hunter?" He questioned.

I raised an eyebrow as I crossed my arms. "Excuse me? Who do you think you are, Kenobi? You are no one to ask me such questions. It's my personal business."

"I have every right, Iretia. I am a Jedi and this is my mission." Obi-Wan shot back as he took a step towards me. "Now what were you doing with him?"

"He's an old friend." I lied. "Can't I visit him? Or must I inform you first?"

Obi-Wan rubbed his forehead. "Iretia, please don't be difficult. I am not the enemy."

"Sounds like something an enemy would say." I shot back.

"Iretia, I am a Jedi. I live by a code, the Jedi Code. I promise I won't hurt you." He assured me.

I was taken back by his words. "And you mean it?"

His blue eyes showed no trace of any lies. "Of course."

I was hesitant as I heard Sidious's words echo in my head. "Remember what the Jedi have done. They killed your family, if they discover who you truly are then they won't hesitate to kill you. Don't believe in their lies. They only mean to trick you, Amra. Remember who you truly are."

"Look...I'm sorry for behaving that way with you. It's just that I have a difficult time trusting people." I informed him.

Obi-Wan's expression softened. "I'm sorry. I can't imagine what you've gone through."

He then turned to his small ship, telling me to stand aside. He then sent a hologram to two other Jedi. "I have successfully made contact with the prime minister of Kamino. They are using a bounty hunter named Jango Fett to create a clone army. I have a strong feeling that this bounty hunter is the assassin we are looking for."

"Do you think these cloners are involved in the plot to assassinate Senator Amidala?" One of them asked.

"No, Master. There appears to be no motive." Obi-Wan replied.

"Do not assume anything, Obi-Wan. Clear your mind must be...if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot." The other informed him.

"Yes, Master. They say Master Sifo-Dyas placed an order for a clone army...at the request of the senate almost ten years ago." Obi-Wan explained. "I was under the impression he was killed before that. Did the council ever authorize the creation of a clone army?"

"No. Whoever placed that order did not have the authorization of the Jedi Council." The first Jedi said.

"Bring him here. Question him we will." The second Jedi who was much shorter ordered.

"Yes, Master. I will report back when I have him." Obi-Wan said before ending the message.

I furrowed my brows. "Why didn't you tell them about me?"

"Because I intend to bring you to the Jedi Council myself." He said. "Wait here while I find the bounty hunter."

"With pleasure." I retorted with a fake smile.

"I hope you won't miss me while I'm gone." He teased.

"Oh I think I'll manage, Kenobi." I assured him.

As soon as he went back inside, I took off towards my ship. Once inside, CMG hastily approached me. "Mistress! Mistress!"

"What is it, CMG?" I questioned.

"You have a message from Darth Tyranus."