Chapter 37: Anakin Colnik Kenobi

Once Obi-Wan and his troops were ready to go, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and I walked onto a landing platform, standing right above the docking bay with Obi-Wan's ship.

"You're going to need me on this one, Master." Anakin mentioned.

"Oh, I agree. However it may turn out just to be a wild bantha chase." Obi-Wan mentioned.

"Master, I've disappointed you. I have not been very appreciative of your training. I have been arrogant and I apologize. I've just been so frustrated with the Council. Your friendship means everything to me." Anakin commented.

"You are strong and wise, Anakin, and I am very proud of you. I have trained you since you were a small boy. I have taught you everything I know. And you have become a far greater Jedi than I could ever hope to be. But be patient, Anakin." Obi-Wan advised. "It won't be long before the Council makes you a Jedi Master."

Obi-Wan then made his way down the ramp. I immediately called out to Obi-Wan, causing him to turn around. "Obi-Wan, may the Force be with you."

"Good-bye, old friend. May the Force be with you." Obi-Wan replied.

I then heard Obi-Wan's voice in my mind. "Be careful, my love. And remember our plan."

My smile widened. "Of course, Obi-Wan. I remember."

We then watched as he made his way into the ship. Once Obi-Wan left, I returned to the Jedi Temple. I remained in my room, but it wasn't long until I felt terrible pains. I knew that the child was coming soon. With this in mind, I made my way towards Master Yoda's room. Once inside, I sat down on a meditation pad beside a hologram of Master Yoda.

"Master Yoda, I wish to go to Lah'mu to visit my family." I informed him. "I wish to know that that they're all right."

Master Yoda looked over at me at once. "The reason you wish to see them that is not."

I was baffled upon hearing his words. Before I could think of something to say, Master Yoda continued. "Pregnant with Obi-Wan's child you are."

My jaw dropped at his words. "...How do you know?"

Master Yoda chuckled. "Surprised you would be. Many things I know."

I slumped my shoulders. "Very well. Are you going to expel Obi-Wan and me from the Jedi Order?"

"Expel you? No, this a secret I will keep. Go to Lah'mu, you will." Master Yoda replied.

I was baffled upon hearing his words. "But why?"

"Seen things I have. Part of our last hope your children are." Master Yoda informed me. "Growing around us darkness is. Want you to be around the Chancellor, I do not. Take care of it, Anakin will."

Children? Growing darkness? I wanted to ask Master Yoda more questions, but I knew I would give birth soon. So I gave Master Yoda a bow before making my way to the hangar. And there in the hangar, I ran into Anakin, who was taken back to see me.

"Iretia? Where are you going?" Anakin asked.

"To visit my family." I lied.

However I couldn't fool Anakin. He raised an eyebrow. "Obi-Wan's the father, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is. But please don't tell the Jedi Council." I pleaded.

"Don't worry, Iretia. I won't say a word. As long as you make Padmé and me hold-parents." Anakin said.

"Of course. And speaking of children, have you and Padmé thought of having kids of your own?" I inquired.

Anakin wore a nervous look before it was replaced with a smile. "Yeah, we have. And I'm proud to say that Padmé's expecting a child soon."

My eyes lit up. "Anakin that's wonderful."

I then pain course through my stomach, causing my to clutch my stomach. Anakin gave me a worried look. "Iretia, are you all right?"

I took a deep breath before nodding. "Yes, but I'm afraid I must go."

"Good luck, Iretia. I hope to see you soon." Anakin said.

I gave Anakin one last smile before climbing into my starfighter. I quickly took off, making my way to Lah'mu. On the way there, I informed my parents, Grason, and Mektra that I was on the way and close to giving birth. Once I landed my starfighter, my parents, Grason, and Mektra rushed over towards me. I let out groans as the pain increased. With the help of my parents, Grason, and Mektra, I made it inside their home.

•••

After many agonizing hours, I finally gave birth to a son, Anakin Colnik Kenobi. I was currently in my old room, resting in my bed, while my mom and Mektra took care of little Anakin. Grason approached me with 7-M8K, who was delighted to see me again.

"Oh Iretia! I'm so glad to see you again! And you're a mother now!" 7-M8K exclaimed. "Oh how miracles happen."

I chuckled. "It's good to see you too, 7-M8K."

"We let Obi-Wan know that you returned home. He's been asking for you." Grason informed me.

"Can we contact him?" I inquired.

"Of course." 7-M8K replied.

In a matter of seconds, a hologram of Obi-Wan appeared. His eyes lit up. "Iretia, it's good to see you! How are you feeling?"

"Much better now that our little Anakin is all right." I informed him.

Obi-Wan's smile widened. "We have a son?"

"Yes, and currently he's with his grandmother and Aunt Mektra." I mentioned. "How are things on Utapau?"

"They are going well. Grievous is dead, I just killed him." Obi-Wan informed me.

"That's great. Does this mean the war will end soon?" I inquired.

"I hope so. I'm afraid I must go. My troops need me." Obi-Wan commented.

I nodded. "Of course. Take care, Obi-Wan. I love you."

"I love you too, my dear." Obi-Wan replied.

With that the hologram of Obi-Wan vanished. Mom and Mektra walked into the room and approached me. Little Anakin lied in the arms of my mom before she handed him over to me. As soon as Anakin was in my arms, I smiled. "Hello Anakin, it's your mom. Your dad will be here soon."

At that moment, I felt a disturbance in the Force, hurting my head. I winced as I placed a hand on my forehead. In a matter of seconds, Anakin began to cry. Mom, Mektra, and Grason looked at me, rather baffled.

"Why is he crying?" Mom asked.

"I don't know...Maybe he's hungry." I suggested.

All of the sudden, I felt something so catastrophic and painful. I felt the death of many Jedi throughout the galaxy.

"Iretia, are you all right?" Grason questioned.

I shook my head. "No...something terrible is happening throughout the galaxy."

•••

Two days went by, and Obi-Wan contacted me through 7-M8K. Once Obi-Wan appeared as a hologram. He wore a worried look.

"Obi-Wan, what's wrong?" I inquired.

"Iretia, are you and Anakin, all right?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes, we're still on Lah'mu." I mentioned. "Obi-Wan, what's going on?"

"My own troopers attacked me." Obi-Wan explained. "I've received help from Senator Organa. It's too dangerous for you to return to the Jedi Temple."

I was horrified upon hearing his words. His own troopers attacked Obi-Wan? I then realized who was behind all of us. Palpatine...my grandfather.

"What are we going to do?" I questioned.

"Stay put. We'll come and get you soon." Obi-Wan assured me.

And with that, the hologram of him faded. Oh I hope everything will be all right...