Chapter 12: Death Watch

Once I woke up, I glanced around to find myself stuck upside in a force field unable to escape. Then, out of the blue, the machine started to go active and I began to move, heading towards a machine that would crush me. Before I could think of something to get me out of this predicament, I then heard Obi-Wan's voice on my comlink. "Iretia? Iretia? Do you read?"

"Yeah, I hear you Master." I replied.

"Where are you?" Obi-Wan inquired.

"Well currently I'm stuck in a force field, heading to my doom...so I'd say for you follow the sound of machinery." I retorted.

"Alright. No need to use that tone with me." Obi-Wan warned me.

"Can you scold me later? I'm about to be crushed!" I yelled out, frankly quite terrified.

As they reached the room I was in, I heard Satine say. "Well, she definitely is your padawan. Iretia suits you."

I was relieved to see Obi-Wan, but repulsed to see Satine. They quickly made their way towards the machine to turn it off. I grew terrified as I drew closer and closer towards the machine that would crush me in a heartbeat.

"Master! Duchess!" I yelled out.

"We're working on it, Iretia." Obi-Wan assured me.

"Well, can you work a little faster!" I snapped.

"We're trying." Satine replied.

"Clearly it isn't your best." I retorted.

I then closed my eyes as I arrived at the machine. However I felt no pain whatsoever. I opened my eyes to see that they turned off the machine. I then fell to the ground with a thud. Obi-Wan and Satine then approached me.

"Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked.

I nodded. "Now that I'm free from that machine, yes I'm definitely fine."

Obi-Wan then handed me my lightsaber. My face lit up as I took it, placing it around my belt.

"I found it on the ground." Obi-Wan mentioned.

"Thanks, Master." I replied with a smile.

Obi-Wan returned my smile. "You're quite welcome. And for the record, we're even now."

I snorted. "By the end of this war, I'll save your life more times than Anakin has."

Obi-Wan wore an amused smile. "Is that a challenge?"

"I'm just stating the facts." I replied.

Obi-Wan smirked. "Oh, you're so on."

Satine then cleared her throat, giving us a stern look. "If you two are done, I suggest we leave before we're caught."

Obi-Wan nodded. "You're quite right."

With that we found the elevator, and made our way up. Once the elevator door then opened, a member of Death Watch approached us. Obi-Wan was quick to knock him out. "This is not the way we came in."

I then tried to press the button to go back down, but it was jammed. Obi-Wan turned to me, becoming very anxious. "Iretia, any time would be great."

"It's not like I haven't been trying this whole kriffing time!" I rebuked in a sarcastic tone.

At that moment, several members of the Death Watch found us. They didn't hesitated to shoot us. Obi-Wan then grabbed Satine's hand as we moved out of the elevator and behind some boulders. "We'll have to stand and fight. Or in your case, just stand."

Obi-Wan went to grab his lightsaber, only to realize he was missing it. I took out my lightsaber, covering Obi-Wan as he fired the incoming Death Watch members with a blaster he found on the ground. Satine managed to distract one long enough for Obi-Wan to knock him out. At that moment, three Death Watch members along with Vizsla made their way towards us, shooting the member that Obi-Wan knocked to the ground. "Failure."