Chapter 5: Geonosis

I was baffled. What did Tyranus want? I nevertheless accepted the message, revealing a hologram of Tyranus himself. "Darth Amra, has it been done? Has Senator Amidala been dealt with?"

I hesitated. "...Not exactly, but I'm working on it. I have one of my droids on Naboo-"

Tyranus sighed. "I suggest you call your little mission off. Bring your droids and yourself to Geonosis. I'd like you to meet the members of the Separatist Alliance."

"But Tyranus Master Sidious gave me a mission. If you would just give me more time." I insisted.

"Time is not on our side, Amra. I need you to come to Geonosis now." Tyranus ordered.

I bowed. "As you wish."

Once the transmission ended, I quickly informed 7-M to abort the mission and to meet me on Geonosis. Once I landed on Geonosis and met up with 7-M, I was escorted by the Geonosian guards to where Tyranus and all the members of the Separatist Alliance were having their meeting. I stood, leaning against the wall as they began. I had been introduced to all the members and was filled in on their plans.

"As I explained to you, earlier I'm quite convinced that ten thousand more systems will rally to our cause with support, gentlemen." Tyranus assured them.

Shu Mai, the female Gossam spoke in her native language, which was Gossam. "What you are proposing could be construed as treason."

Wat Tambor, the male Skakoan then spoke up. "The Techno Union Army is at your disposal, Count."

"Their banking plan will sign your treaty." San Hill, the male Muunilinst informed him.

A wide smile appeared on Tyranus's face. "Good, very good. Our friends from the Trade Federation will place their support. And when their battle droids are combined with yours we shall have an army bigger than any in the galaxy. The Jedi will be overwhelmed."

"For your sake I hope you're right." Shu warned.

I raised an eyebrow. "One shouldn't make threats without fully knowing the person first."

"Amra, play nice. These are our guests." Tyranus reminded me.

I sighed. "Fine..."

You may be safe...for now at least. After the meeting, Tyranus and I walked into a room, which outside was heavily guarded with Geonosians. Inside the room Obi-Wan trapped in a containment field. I was taken back to see him. Out of all people...it just had to be him. As soon as Tyranus and I entered the room, Obi-Wan narrowed his eyes. "Traitor."

"Oh no my friend, this is a mistake. It's a terrible mistake, they've got too far. This is madness." Tyranus mocked.

"I thought you were the leader here, Dooku." Obi-Wan rebuked.

His eyes met mine and as soon as they did, he was rather shocked to see me here yet he said nothing. Tyranus began to circle around him.

"This has nothing to do with me, I assure you. I will petition an immediately and have you set free." Tyranus assured him.

"I hope it doesn't take too long. I have work to do." Obi-Wan shot back in a sarcastic tone.

"May I why a Jedi Knight is all the way out here in Geonosis?" I inquired, causing Obi-Wan to glare at me.

"I've been tracking a bounty hunter named Jango Fett. Do you know know him?" Obi-Wan asked.

"There are no bounty hunters here that I'm aware of. The Geonosians don't trust them." Tyranus explained.

"Who can blame them, but he is here. I can assure you." Obi-Wan urged.

"It is a great pity that our pasts have never crossed before, Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon always spoke very highly of you." Tyranus commented. "I wish he were still alive right now, I could use his help."

Obi-Wan scoffed. "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you."

"Don't be so sure, my young Jedi. You forget, but he was once my apprentice, just as you were once his." Tyranus reminded him. "He knew all about the corruption of the senate, but he would've never gone along with it had he known the truth as I have."

"The truth?" Obi-Wan repeated.

"Yes, the truth. What if I told you that the republic was under the control of the Dark Lord of the Sith?" Tyranus asked.

"No, that's not possible." Obi-Wan rejected. "The Jedi would be aware of it."

"Don't be too sure about that." I retorted. "You underestimate the power of the dark side."

"She is quite right. The dark side of the force has clouded their vision, my friend. Hundreds of senators are now under the influence of a Sith Lord called Darth Sidious." Tyranus added.

"I don't believe you!" Obi-Wan snapped.

"The viceroy of the Trade Federation was once in league with the Darth Sidious, but he was betrayed ten years ago by the Dark Lord. He came to me for help, he told me everything." Tyranus informed him. "You must join me, Obi-Wan. And together we will destroy the Sith."

"I will never join you." Obi-Wan rejected.

"It may be difficult to secure your release." Tyranus warned before making his way towards the door. He then turned around, looking over at me. "Amra, come."

"I'll stay and try to convince Kenobi here to see things our way." I offered.

"Very well. See if you can break him." Tyranus said before leaving.

Once we were alone, Obi-Wan spoke. "So this is who you truly are. No wonder you were with the bounty hunter. You were warning him."

His words filled with anger and hatred. I rolled my eyes. "Oh please. It's your fault for believing me."

Obi-Wan's face fell. "What have they done to you, Iretia."

"Stop calling me that!" I snapped. "You don't know me!"

"No, I don't. However Qui-Gon did and he told me what a kind and loving girl you were." He informed me. "What happened to that girl?"

I scoffed. "Kindness doesn't get you far in life." 

"The man who took you...he did this to you, didn't he?" Obi-Wan inquired.

"That man saved me!" I defended. "He took me after the Jedi slaughtered my parents and brother!"

"The Jedi?" Obi-Wan repeated in disbelief. "Do you even hear yourself? The Jedi would never kill harmless farmers, especially as they are friends of Qui-Gon."

"They did kill my family. It's why I hate the Jedi. They took away my family!" I spat.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but that's far from true. Your family's still alive. They begged Qui-Gon to help find you." He explained. "Colnik and Marycas told my master that a dark cloaked figure kidnapped you from them."

I shook my head. "No, no, no. Lies!"

"It's not a lie, Iretia. The person who took you lied to you. You've been deceived." He insisted.

My whole world was falling apart. Everything I knew...was it all a lie? Is Sidious truly lying to me? At that moment, CMG entered the room. "Mistress."

"What is it CMG?" I asked.

"CMG?" Obi-Wan repeated slightly above a whisper.

"Yes, CMG-8 is my droid." I retorted before turning to CMG. "What happened?"

"You have a message...from your master." CMG informed me.

I nodded. "I'll go right away."

I then made my way towards the door without looking at Obi-Wan.

"You named the droid after your family? Colnik, Marycas, and Grason." Obi-Wan commented.

I stopped at his words. How much did he know about my family? I whipped around with a furious expression. "If you know what's good for you, Kenobi, you'll stay away from me. It won't end well if you get too close to me."

"Not until you snap out of this." He replied. "I won't hurt you. I only wish to help, Iretia."

"Then it will be your downfall, Kenobi." I warned.

With that I stormed out of the room.