Chapter 15: Heading Out To Lah'mu

The next day, I was contacted by both Dooku and Sidious through holograms. I bowed before them. "Master, Lord Tyranus."

"My lord, everything is going as you instructed." Dooku informed him.

"Death watch is prepared to fight?" Sidious inquired.

Dooku nodded. "Yes. The people have been worked into such a frenzy that when the Republic does arrive, The Death Watch will be considered heroes."

Sidious let out a sinister laugh. "Excellent. The Republic occupation force is loading their ships, and will arrive on time, if the Duchess Satine does not get in the way."

"The Duchess Satine will not be in the way much longer. One of the death watch assassins is taking care of her." Dooku assured him.

I felt a chill up my spine at his words. However after discussing the plan the hologram diminished. Once I was alone, Obi-Wan walked into my room. "Satine needs our help."

"What happened?" I asked.

"We'll find out soon enough." Obi-Wan replied.

With that we headed into the plaza to meet up with her. Obi-Wan and I pulled our cloaks up as we found her with a red cloak over herself. We sat beside her without facing her as the Republic guards were searching for her.

"Seeing you all right is well, it's a relief. You should turn yourself in. We've both sworn a loyalty to the Republic." Obi-Wan reminded her.

"Believe me, Neither one of us is breaking our oath. And this will prove it." She replied before giving Obi-Wan a disk. "I need to get it Into the proper hands."

"But the Republic guards are hunting you, which means..." Obi-Wan began.

"Whoever doctored this recording is likely in the government itself." Satine finished.

"If you set foot inside the Senate, they'll take you." Obi-Wan stated.

"And the disc will be destroyed before anyone can see it, which is why you must take the disc to Padmé." Satine insisted.

We then stood up, leaving the plaza as the Republic guards were coming close towards us. As we walked down an alley, Obi-Wan spoke. "Where will you be while we're in the senate? What if they find you?"

"They won't." Satine assured him. "I'm going to surrender to them."

This shocked Obi-Wan as he whipped around to face her. "What?"

"You'll need a distraction to enter the Senate freely. I can't risk them searching you just because you and I are...associates." Satine replied.

"I'm a Jedi. They wouldn't dare." Obi-Wan assured her.

"Things are changing, my dear." She informed him.

At that moment, we saw a bomb appear right beside us. Obi-Wan pushed Satine away from the bomb with the Force, before grabbing me to move out of the way. Once the bomb went off, we fell to the ground. I felt my ears ringing as I glanced over at Obi-Wan to see that I landed on top of him. I could feel my face heat up.

"Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked.

I couldn't form any words, so I instead nodded. Once Obi-Wan helped me up on my feet, he turned around to find the Mandalorian assassin that Vizsla sent. I tried to help, but Obi-Wan placed a hand on my shoulder, urging me to stay back. Unfortunately the assassin managed to escape, but luckily Obi-Wan wasn't hurt.

As soon as we reached the Senate building, Satine turned herself in while Obi-Wan and I entered the building undetected. We quickly reached Padmé and informed her of everything. As Obi-Wan handed her the disk, I then heard Palpatine speak. "The occupation of Mandalore will usher in a new level of security for the Republic, and its fight against corruption. If there are no objections-"