Chapter 29: The Festival On Naboo

The day quickly went by. That night arrived in no time. The festival  took place outside the huge palace on a small stage. There was a huge crowd sitting around the stage and outside the stage. We watched as Padmé, Bail Organa, Queen Neeyutnee, Palpatine, and Mas Amedda walked out and made their way towards their seats near to us. The crowd applauded for them. Once they were seated, Anakin contacted the security team through his comlink. "The stage is set. Activate the ray shield."

In a heartbeat, the ray shield was raised, surrounding the entire stage. Palpatine then made his way towards the podium in the center of the stage. "It is an honor to be here for this momentous occasion. The pride I feel for this planet cannot be put into words. 847 years Naboo joined the Republic, and tonight we celebrate that union!"

The crowd then applauded for him. I scanned around, searching for any traces of Dooku or any one else that might be working with him on his scheme to steal the Chancellor. 

"Take a moment and look around this glorious city of yours. It wasn't long ago this was all plasma mines." Palpatine continued. "Naboo has indeed come a long way. But as we chart a bold course for the future, let us never forget our past!" 

We then saw fireworks in the air, taking different colors and patterns, and moving around, taking on different symbols like the Galactic Republic emblem. We then saw the symbol of Naboo appear at the end. I looked at the sky in awe. I never seen anything as beautiful as this. At that moment, Master Windu yelled out. "Emestre! Skywalker! The shield generator!" 

We turned around to see a bounty hunter making his way towards the generator, trying to knock out the ray shield. Anakin and I quickly tried to reach him, but before we could reach the generator, he destroyed it, causing a small explosion to break out. Due to the impact, Anakin and I flew back. I groaned as I slowly climbed up on my feet. My ears were still ringing. 

Once I was up, I noticed Master Windu was standing on top of an airspeeder with Anakin by his side. The airspeeder had a bounty hunter and beside him was Palpatine. As I approached them, I saw Palpatine change into a bounty hunter before punching Anakin. Anakin quickly used his lightsaber slicing the bounty hunter's arm. The bounty hunter let out a cry as she stumbled back into the speeder.

"Where is the Chancellor?" Anakin asked as he pointed his lightsaber at the bounty hunter.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Eval in a speeder on the other side of the stage. Cad placed Palpatine inside before climbing in. I immediately turned back to Master Windu and Anakin. "Guys look! The Chancellor's over there!"

The three of us then rushed towards the speeder, but they left before we could reach them. At that moment, we heard Obi-Wan's voice over our comlinks. "I'm going after the chancellor."

"Copy that, Obi-Wan." Master Windu replied. 

"I'll send you the coordinates, and hold Bane there as long as I can." Obi-Wan mentioned.   

Once he sent us the coordinates, Master Windu, Anakin, and I hopped on speeders, taking off in a heartbeat. Once we reached the coordinates that Obi-Wan gave us, we saw Eval and Cad on the ground and Rako standing by with Palpatine. I was relieved to see Rako or should I saw Obi-Wan in one piece. We then approached him with our lightsabers pointed towards Eval, who raised his hands up. "Please! Do not kill Moralo Eval!"

"Take him and Bane into custody. And make sure the Chancellor is returned safely to the palace." Master Windu ordered.

Anakin took Eval, while I grabbed Cad, who was still on the ground. He groaned as I pulled him by his arms. Master Windu then approached Obi-Wan. "You did a good job, Obi-Wan."