Chapter 20: Redemption

Days after we reached Serenno, we returned to Dooku's ship, leaving Dooku behind. I made my way towards the briefing room to see Asajj, Dooku in a hologram transmission, and a few droids. As Dooku began briefing the mission, I turned my comlink, contacting Obi-Wan. However I made sure it was on mute, so Dooku and the others wouldn't be able to hear their words.

"We will be heading to the Sullust system soon. Once there we will attack the Republic forces." Dooku explained. "The Republic forces will be outnumbered as they will not be expecting us. Asajj and Amra will lead the attack against the Republic, make sure to listen to them."

And after we went over the plan, we made our way towards the hangars and into our ships. As we pressed on with the attack, more of our ships arrived. I contacted the ships through our comms. "Trident group one, attack the starboard engines."

"Trident group two, knock out their port shield generators. Amra and I will go directly for their bridge." Asajj added.

As we went for the bridge, Asajj knocked out their deflectors while I merely pretended to help. It wasn't long until I saw two familiar BTL-B Y wing ships. I then heard his voice through the comlink. "Iretia, are you there? Do you read?"

"Obi-Wan!" I exclaimed, relieved to hear him. "I read you loud and clear."

"Thanks to you, we were able to bring reinforcements to the battle." Anakin added.

"And just in time." Obi-Wan informed me.

I then began to turn around, firing at the Separatist ships that were attacking Anakin. Once they were all destroyed, Anakin spoke through the comlink. "Thanks Iretia. You know it's good to have you back."

My smile widened. "It's good to be back, and on the right side this time." 

As I continued to fire down Separatist ships, Obi-Wan spoke through the comlink. "Anakin, Iretia, I'm going to need some help."

"Where are you?" I inquired, quickly responding.

"I'm hit!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. "I'm heading toward the Separatist flagship."

At that moment, I saw Asajj trailing behind Obi-Wan. I grew worried as I saw the damage on his ship. There's no way I'm letting anything happen to Obi-Wan.

"I see you." I said.

"I've got her." Anakin assured us.

Anakin then shot Asajj's ship, causing both Obi-Wan and Asajj to crash into a hangar. Anakin and I quickly landed in the hangar before jumping out of our ships, making our way towards Obi-Wan's crashed ship, which was on fire.

"Obi-Wan!" Anakin and I exclaimed.

R2 then sprayed the ship, putting out the fire, and getting Obi-Wan in the process. Obi-Wan raised his hands. "No, thank you. No thank you, R2. That's quite enough."

"Are you alright?" I inquired.

Obi-Wan jumped out before facing me with a smile. "I haven't been much better than now."

I returned to his smile, relieved that he was alright. Anakin then cleared his throat as he wore an amused grin. "Well, now would be the time to return this to you."

Anakin then handed me my belt back, which contained my blue and yellow lightsabers. My smile widened as I wrapped my belt around my waist. "Thanks Ani."

We then heard Asajj's ship opening up. We made our way towards her as we ignited our lightsabers. Asajj had climbed on top of her ship by the time we reached her.

"Ventress, you're not looking well." Obi-Wan commented.

Anakin scoffed. "She never does."

"You have failed, Ventress. Surrender." Obi-Wan urged.