Chapter 35: Battle Of Coruscant

As soon as we arrived above Coruscant, Obi-Wan, Anakin, O-Mer, and I took starfighters, flying towards Grievous' ship that had Palpatine on board. The system was filled with Republic and Separatists ships, firing at one another. Anakin then contacted us through our comlinks. "General Grievous's ship is directly ahead, the one crawling with vulture droids."

"Oh, I see it. Oh, this is going to be easy." Obi-Wan commented. 

I scoffed. "Oh really? Have you already accepted that we'll rescue you this time?"

Anakin and O-Mer snickered, while Obi-Wan sighed. I then contacted Lucky through our comlinks. "Lucky, do you copy?"

"Copy, Gold Leader." Lucky replied.

"Mark my position. Form your squad behind me." I ordered. 

"We're on your tail, General Emestre." Lucky informed me. 

"This is where the fun begins." Anakin mentioned. 

At that moment, several vultures droids headed straight for us. We began to lose several of our men to the vulture droids, but we kept going. They're doing their job so we can do ours. O-Mer's voice came in through the comlinks. "Missiles! Pull up!"

At once, we all pulled our starfighters up, missing the missiles by centimeters. I glanced back to see the missiles coming back towards us. 

"They overshot us." Obi-Wan pointed out. 

"Yeah, but they're coming back around!" I exclaimed. 

With that, we all separated to get the missiles off our backs. I spun the starfighter around, making the two missiles that were after me, crash into one another. However, we now had another problem. Obi-Wan's starfighter was covered with buzz droids, ripping off R4 from his fighter. 

"They're shutting down all the controls." Obi-Wan informed us. 

"Move to the right so I can get a clear shot at them." Anakin suggested. 

"The mission. Get to the Command Ship." Obi-Wan advised. "Get the Chancellor! I'm running out of tricks here."

"No way, Obi. We're not leaving you." I protested.  

And with that in mind, Anakin and I fired blasts at the buzz droids. Unfortunately, we also managed to destroy the left wing of Obi-Wan's starfighter. We heard Obi-Wan's voice at once. " Oh in the name of...Anakin, Iretia, hold your fire. Hold your fire. You're not helping here."

"I agree, bad idea." Anakin replied.  

"I can't see a thing! My cockpit's fogging. They're all over me, Anakin, Iretia." Obi-Wan informed us. 

At once, Anakin and I moved our starfighters up so we were right above Obi-Wan's starfighter. I quickly contacted Obi-Wan. "Move to the right."

"Hold on, Iretia. You're going to get us both killed! Get out of here. There's nothing more you can do." Obi-Wan argued. 

"We're not leaving without you, Master." Anakin protested. 

Anakin then moved his ship down towards Obi-Wan's ship, physically knocking off all the buzz droids. Once they were all destroyed, we headed for the hangar Grievous's command ship. 

"Have you noticed the shields are still up?" Obi-Wan asked. 

"Oh. Sorry, Master." Anakin replied. 

At once, Anakin, O-Mer, and I began blasting the shield generator, destroying it in a matter of seconds, and lowering the shields. As the hangar closed, we managed to slip in. Anakin, Obi-Wan, O-Mer, and I hopped out of our fighters at once, destroying all the battle droids in the hangar. Once they were all destroyed, we approached the hangar door along with R2 by our side.