Chapter 38: Facing My Grandfather

Just like Obi-Wan said, Bail's ship landed near my home. I left Anakin with my parents for his safety, but I assured them that I'd be back. Once I was on board the ship, I saw Obi-Wan, Master Yoda, and Bail Organa.

"Iretia, dark times are these. Good to see you. it is." Master Yoda mentioned.

"Glad to see you, Iretia." Obi-Wan said with a smile. "How's..."

He trailed off as he noticed Master Yoda. I placed a hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder. "It's all right. Master Yoda knows about us and our son."

"He does?" Obi-Wan repeated, sounding baffled.

"And how many other Jedi managed to survive?" I questioned, changing the subject.

Master Yoda's face fell. "Heard from no one, have we."

"Not even O-Mer?" I inquired.

Master Yoda shook his head, devastating me greatly. I felt terrible. Oh Force, please tell me that he's all right.

"I saw thousands of troops attack the Jedi Temple. That's why I went looking for Yoda." Bail informed us.

"Have we had any contact from the Temple?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Received a coded retreat message, we have." Master Yoda mentioned.

"It requests all Jedi to return to the Temple. It says that the war is over." Bail explained.

"Well, then we must go back! If there are other stragglers, they will fall into the trap and be killed." Obi-Wan insisted.

"Suggest dismantling the coded signal, do you?" Master Yoda inquired.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, Master. There is too much at stake here, and we need a clearer picture of what has happened."

"I agree. In a dark place we find ourselves ...a little more knowledge might light our way." Master Yoda advised.

•••

As we headed back to Coruscant, Obi-Wan, Bail, Master Yoda, and I were in the cockpit. All of the sudden, the pilot spoke up. "We are receiving a message from the Chancellor's office, sir."

"Send it through." Bail urged.

"Yes, sir." The pilot replied.

At that moment, on the screen we saw Mas Amedda. "Senator Organa, the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic requests your presence at a special session of Congress."

"Tell the Chancellor I will be there." Bail mentioned.

"He will be expecting you." Amedda replied.

At that moment, Amedda disappeared from the screen. Bail turned to face us. "It could be a trap."

"No, I don't think so. The Chancellor will not be able to control the thousands of star systems without keeping the Senate intact." Obi-Wan pointed out.

"If a special session of Congress there is, easier for us to enter the Jedi Temple it will be." Master Yoda stated.

As soon as we landed, Obi-Wan, Master Yoda, and I made our way to the Jedi Temple. I was devastated to see smoke coming from the Jedi Temple. Once we reached the front of the temple, we found several clone troopers, who fired their blasters at us. We quickly ignited our lightsabers before lunging towards them. After taking down the clone troopers, we made our way through the temple, finding many bodies of younglings, padawans, Jedi Knights, and Jedi Masters. My stomach churned upon seeing this awful sight.

"Not even the younglings survived." Obi-Wan stated.

Amongst the bodies, I saw O-Mer lying about with a lightsaber wound. Tears filled my eyes as I rushed over towards him. "No!"