Chapter 25: The Escape

I lost track of how much time had passed. I need to get out of here before they send me to Sidious. I was alone in a cell, trapped in containment field. My body was in immense pain from the torture that Grievous and his bodyguards gave me. 

"Iretia..."

That voice...My eyes widened. I quickly reached out to the Force, connecting with Obi-Wan. "Obi-Wan, are you all right?"

"Yes, what about you? Has Grievous hurt you?" He asked, sounding worried. 

"Yes, but don't worry about him. I've been through worse, Obi. It's nothing I can't handle." I assured him. "You know if we ever escape, I was thinking..." 

I mentally shook my head. It's stupid and rather selfish of me to ask him. I'm already lucky that he agreed to date in secrecy. And this would be pushing that. This made him curious. I could hear it in his tone, when he spoke. "What were you thinking?"

"It's silly." I replied, trying to dismiss my words. 

But Obi-Wan wasn't giving up. He kept a gentle and warm tone as he responded. "Nothing you say is silly, my dear. Now tell me what's going through that beautiful mind of yours?"

My heart fluttered at his words. Well, here goes nothing...I took a deep breath before replying. "I was thinking that if we ever escape that I'd like for us to get married, even if it's just us. I know it's stupid but-"

Obi-Wan immediately cut me off. "No, it's not stupid. When we escape, we'll get married."

I was baffled at his words. He wanted to get married? A smile grew on my face. "I'd like that." 

At that moment, the door of my cell opened, breaking my connection with Obi-Wan. An interrogation droid approached me. Once the door closed, I reached out to the Force. In a heartbeat, I crushed the interrogation droid into smaller pieces. I grabbed its arm, which contained the key to leave my cell. I quickly jammed the droid's finger into the lock. I held my breath as I turned the lock. As soon as the door opened, I let out a sigh of relief. I then rushed out into the hallways, which was filled with clanker droids. Without thinking, I placed a hand on my belt only to find my lightsaber was missing. I mentally groaned. Right...Grievous must've taken it from me. The droids began firing blasts in my direction, but I blocked them with the Force. I then threw the blasts back at the droids, hitting all of them back. 

Once I reached the pods, I ejected all the pods, giving each one different coordinates. I then climbed into the last pod, punching coordinates in to the nearest planet, which happened to be Tatooine. The Separatist warship fired at most of the pods, but I managed to slip by unnoticed or I at least I hoped they hadn't noticed. Once I crash landed on Tatooine, I hopped out the pod. As I looked around, I found myself surrounded by dunes of sand. I'll need to find nearest town and try to find a way off this planet. With this in mind, I began to walk through the endless sand dunes. After what felt like hours, I arrived in Mos Eisley. I let out a sigh of relief. Now I'll need to find a way off this planet and back to Coruscant. And so I made my way to the city's spaceport. I passed through the bays, asking to hitch a ride to Coruscant, but I was constantly denied. When I reached Docking Bay Ninety-four. Inside the bay, I found a B-7 light freighter. Outside the ship stood a male Zabrak. A green female Rodian and a male Rutian Twi'lek were pushing cargo into the ship. I immediately rushed over towards them, hoping I could return to Coruscant with them. 

"Excuse me, is this ship going to Coruscant?" I inquired. 

The Zabrak immediately turned to face me. He raised an eyebrow. "What's it to you?"

"I need to return to Coruscant." I replied.

"You got credits?" The Zabrak questioned. 

"Not with me, but once we reach Coruscant, you can have as many credits as you deem necessary. I know important and highly influential people." I explained.