Chapter 17: Leaving Home

My eyes widened in horror. I'm related to the Chancellor?!

"My mother was Paila Palpatine, she was a Naboo noble." Mom continued. "She was the Queen of Naboo from 72 BBY to 65 BBY."

"What happened after that?" I inquired.

"She fell in love with a senator named Palpatine, she use to speak so fondly of him...but she never told me his first name." Mom confessed. "He adored her, and so the two got married. Then in 62 BBY, I was born."

At that moment, Mektra returned, stopping Mom's story. "The dinner's ready."

At that moment, dad and Obi-Wan returned from the tour. Mom greeted them at once. "You're just in time. Dinner's ready."

We then moved over to the dining room to see plates of Shaak pot roast, which was always delicious when mom made it. We began to eat, and as we ate, Mom spoke up. "So how long will you stay here?"

"Unfortunately with the war still going on, we can only remain here for a week." Obi-Wan explained. "The Jedi Council has been very kind enough as it is."

I nodded. "They've already been more than kind to me, especially you Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan's smile widened. "You more than anyone deserve a second chance, Tia."

I returned his smile as we stared at one another, taking in the moment. However, Mom cleared her throat, reminding that we weren't alone. I felt my face heat up as I quickly turned away. Mom merely chuckled before speaking up. "So would you mind tell us how you find her, Obi-Wan?"

Obi-Wan nodded. "Of course. It was at night in Coruscant, I was currently on a mission with my padawan, Anakin Skywalker..."

•••
A week went rather quickly, and unfortunately as the days went by, the more I fell for Obi-Wan. It was now that realized that I'm utterly in love with Obi-Wan Kenobi. And it tore me apart because it was against the Jedi Code. Besides Obi-Wan would never fall in love with me, and I understand that perfectly well. Obi-Wan and I returned in our ship, while I left the droids with my family, knowing they'd be in better hands.

"Tia?"

I glanced over at Obi-Wan, who was flying our ship back to Coruscant. "Yes?"

"Are you alright? You've been rather quiet." Obi-Wan commented.

"Yeah, I'm fine...I'm just going to miss them." I replied.

"I'm sorry we couldn't stay any longer." Obi-Wan apologized.

"You did your best, and your best is enough for me." I assured him. "Thank you, Obi-Wan."

As we grew closer to Coruscant, I felt my heart growing heavy, reminding me of what I've done. My mom's words echoed in my head. I must set things right...for the Jedi, the Republic, and for Obi-Wan, even if he'll want to know nothing about me once it's all said and done.

•••

As time passed by, Obi-Wan and I were put into more and more battles. There was even talk amongst the Jedi Council of considering me to attempt the Trials to become a Jedi Knight. I continued working with Dooku, Sidious, and the Separatists, waiting for the proper moment to go against their backs...but it was getting more and more tedious. I feared that soon I'd have to make a choice real soon to avoid severe consequences. Currently, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Rex, Cody, and I gathered in the briefing room of the ship as one of the clones decrypted the audio for us to listen to. I grew nervous as I saw Asajj appear in the hologram. "The clone planet of Kamino will be a dangerous target."