Chapter 34: An Old Friend

Months went by. O-Mer and I were sent to different planets, fighting off the Separatists. There was only weeks left before I would give birth to my first child. If the child was a boy, Obi-Wan and I would name the child,  Anakin Colnik Kenobi. And if the child was a girl, then she would be named Ahsoka Marycas Kenobi. With every day that passed, Obi-Wan grew more worried, looking after me and helping me do even the littlest of tasks, which Anakin and O-Mer constantly teased us about. Currently, Obi-Wan, O-Mer, and I were on Yerbana on a bridge, sitting behind what was left of one of the gunships. Anakin was nowhere to be found.   

"We can't locate the tactical droid. He's staying out of sight." Cody informed us. 

"Anakin, where are you?" Obi-Wan asked.

"I'm right here." 

We glanced up to see Anakin standing just feet away from us. I was relieved that he was all right. Anakin gave us a teasing smile. "What are you all doing down there?"

At that moment, a blast nearly hit Anakin, but he dodged it with ease. Obi-Wan furrowed his brows. "We are taking cover. Now get down."

"You not serious. There's only a thousand droids down there tops." Anakin commented as he walked on top the gunship.

"What are you up to?" I inquired. 

"Where's Captain Rex?" Obi-Wan asked. 

"We already finished our battle. So we decided to come help you with yours." Anakin retorted. 

"You're overdoing it...again." Obi-Wan commented.

"Master, I mean no disrespect, if you want I can hide with you and we can let the people of the city suffer longer." Anakin suggested. 

"Now Anakin, you know I-" Obi-Wan began.

"Or we can do things my way and help them now." Anakin advised, cutting him off.

Obi-Wan sighed. "All right, I know better than to try to stop you."

"So what's your plan this time?" I questioned. 

"Stay here." Anakin said.

With that, he walked out towards the droids, who were preparing to blast him down. I furrowed my brows. "What's he doing?" 

Anakin raised his hands up. "Hold your fire! Hold your fire! I've come to surrender."

At his words, the droids lowered their weapons. I exchanged a baffled look with Obi-Wan. Anakin continued to go on. "Your forces fought valiantly, and I must admit that we are over matched by your superior firepower...I congratulate you, for I have fought in many battles on many planets always been victorious against the droid army."

As Anakin ranted on, the tactical droid finally appeared in the front lines of the droid army. He quickly used the Force, pulling the tactical droid towards him. In a heartbeat, Anakin sliced the droid in half with his lightsaber. Rex and the rest of Anakin's troops flew up in the air with jetpacks before making their way towards the droids. Lucky and Cody glanced over at Obi-Wan and me. "Generals?"

"Yes Cody. You may join the fun as well." Obi-Wan replied.

"You too, Lucky." I said.

With that, our troops rushed over towards the droids to join in the battle. Obi-Wan, O-Mer, and I made our way towards Anakin, who stood just feet away from us. 

"Bravo Anakin, you've done it again." Obi-Wan stated. 

"Oh, I can't take all the credit." Anakin mentioned. "Your state of helplessness really sold them on my surrender talk."