Chapter 30: The Return Of Maul

Months went by and like Obi-Wan mentioned, we did things together. Well...almost all the time. Sidious' former apprentice, Maul, was still alive. And he was seeking revenge for what Obi-Wan did to him. So Obi-Wan had no choice but to face him alone on Raydonia. Unfortunately, I had to remain behind. And this time, I understood. Maul threatened to kill off all the villagers if Obi-Wan didn't come alone. Fortunately, he came back alive. And to our surprise, he had help from Asajj Ventress, who was now a bounty hunter. But Maul and his brother, Savage managed to escape.

Currently, I was in a shuttle with Master Gallia and Obi-Wan, searching for the distress signal in the Meridian sector. O-Mer remained behind in the Jedi Temple. Obi-Wan had a feeling that the distress signal could be the work of Maul and Savage. Once a space station, the Cybloc transfer station, was in sight, Obi-Wan pointed out to it. "The distress signal is coming from here, the Meridian sector, Cybloc System."

"It is close enough to the earlier attack." Master Gallia pointed out.

"I have a feeling it's them." Obi-Wan mentioned.

Once we landed in the hangars of the space station, a Snivvian male approached us. Once we roamed around inside the station, we saw destroyed droids all around us on the ground. I scanned the droids, seeing lightsaber burn marks on the droids. No doubt it was Savage and Maul.

"They ought to be flush. Chips were all unlocked this side of the Hydian." The Snivvian explained.

"They were alone?" Obi-Wan asked.

The Snivvian nodded vigorously. "Yup, yup. What were they, a couple of Jedi gone rogue or something?"

"They're not Jedi." I mentioned.

"Do me a favor. Spark up that lightsaber, would you?" The Snivvian questioned.

Obi-Wan then ignited his blue lightsaber. The Snivvian placed a hand under his chin. "Mm-hmm. Well, the droids that got attacked said that theirs were red."

"They are Sith, and we need to find them before they strike again." Obi-Wan urged.

"Well, they took my cargo ship. The droid survivor said they heard something about the Sertar sector." The Snivvian explained.

At his words, I noticed that Obi-Wan grew troubled before he walked off, placing a hand under his beard. At once, Master Gallia and I followed Obi-Wan. What was in that sector?

"What is in the Sertar sector?" Master Gallia inquired.

"That's where Florrum is." Obi-Wan informed us.

"You've been there?" Master Gallia questioned.

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes."

"And what can we expect?" I inquired.

"Pirates." Obi-Wan replied.

•••

We made our way to the Sertar sector, where Florrum was. Once we were above Florrum, we saw a cargo ship along with three Flarestar-class attack shuttles. I quickly scanned the cargo ship with one of the computers, and the cargo ship was a match from the details the Snivvian gave us at the space station.

"The cargo ship's a match." I informed them.

"It seems Maul and Savage have picked up a pirate escort." Obi-Wan stated.

"Maybe to unload the stolen cargo." Master Gallia mentioned.

"I'm not sure the pirate Hondo would have an alliance with Maul and his brother." Obi-Wan commented.