Chapter 16: It's Been So Long

As soon as we reached the farm, I spotted a man, a few years older than me. My eyes widened as he looked over at us. Tears filled my eyes as I spoke. "Grason?"

His eyes lit up. "Tia? Is that you?"

Obi-Wan wore an amused smile upon hearing my nickname. "Tia?"

I wore a sheepish smile. "It's a nickname."

As soon as Grason approached us, he pulled me into a tight hug. "I can't believe you're back! It's been so many years."

"I'm happy to be back." I replied.

Once we pulled away, I heard voices. "Grason, what's going on?"

I glanced over and my face lit up. It was our parents along with a woman around Grason's age. She had long chestnut brown hair with chocolate brown eyes. As soon as my parents' laid there eyes on me, tears filled their eyes.

"Mom? Dad?" I called out.

They nodded before rushing over to me, giving me a tight hug before looking over at Obi-Wan. Mom furrowed her brows. "Obi-Wan? Is that you?"

Obi-Wan nodded. "Yes, Mrs. Emestre."

Mom waved her hand at his words. "You can call me Marycas. Thank you so much for bringing home our daughter."

I then exchanged a look with Obi-Wan, unsure of how to tell them I was only visiting them. Before I could say anything, Obi-Wan spoke up. "I'm terribly sorry, but we're only visiting."

A grin appeared on my mom's face as my dad spoke. "Oh, of course. Forgive me, we didn't know."  

"So when's the wedding?" Mom inquired.

Both Obi-Wan and I were shocked upon hearing her words. I felt my face heat up as Obi-Wan and I spoke at the same time. "We aren't together!"

My parents, Grason, and the woman laughed. I glanced over to see Obi-Wan with bright pink cheeks. I then tried to change the subject for Obi-Wan's sake, who clearly looked quite embarrassed...which I thought was adorable. No....bad Iretia. You can't have those thoughts.

"So, who is this?" I asked, referring to the woman.

"This is Mektra, my wife." Grason said, introducing her to us.

Mektra walked over towards me, pulling me into a hug. "It's so great to finally meet you, Grason and your parents have told me so much about you."

"Good things I hope." I replied.

"Only the best." Mektra assured me. "And who are these droids?"

"They're my droids, CMG-8 and 7-M8K." I said, introducing them.

Upon hearing CMG's name, mom, dad, and Grason were all surprised yet they wore smiles. My smile widened as I added. "I never forgot you guys."

"And neither did we." Mom commented. 

"Come, let's go inside." Dad urged.

With that we went inside into the living room, which was tidy and rather spacious. There was a large curved couch along with another couch on the opposite side, and in the middle of the room was a small fire pit. Off to the side, there was a dining table with a vase of Velanie flowers and several chairs, a couple small tables around the couches, and other doors leading to the kitchen and to the other rooms. 

"What a lovely place you have." Obi-Wan complimented.

"Oh you're too kind, Obi-Wan." Mom said as we sat down on the couches. 

"It's not much but it's been our home since Grason and Iretia were born." Dad added. "The farm was created not too long before Grason was born."

"So you weren't always a farmer." Obi-Wan mentioned.

"No, I came from the planet Pamarthe. I was a pilot then a scientist. However while conducting research on Savareen, I fell in love with Marycas." Dad explained.

"You came from Naboo, mom?" I asked.

Mom shook her head. "No, well, I was born in Naboo. But my parents took my siblings and me to Savareen. They wouldn't tell us why at first, but later they said it was for our own safety."

"Why can't you come back to live with us, Tia?" Grason asked.

Before I could say anything, dad spoke up as his eyes saw my belt, which contained my lightsaber. "She's a Jedi."

"A padawan." I corrected.

Mom looked at me quite excited. "I'm so happy for you! Qui-Gon would be proud of you."

Upon hearing those words, I thought I heard Qui-Gon's voice in my head. "Follow your heart, Iretia."

I glanced over at my mom, feeling uncomfortable. I need to know the truth, and I need to hear it from my own mother. My mom seemed to sense something was wrong as she spoke up. "Colnik, dear why don't you show Obi-Wan around the farm."

"Of course. What do you say, Obi-Wan?" Colnik inquired as he stood up.

"It would be a pleasure, sir." Obi-Wan replied as he climbed onto his feet. 

"Please call me Colnik." Dad assured him. 

"We'll be back soon, Tia." Obi-Wan said with an amused grin.

I felt my cheeks heat up at his words. Once they left, Mom turned to Mektra. "Mektra, can you go check on the supper?" 

Mektra then nodded before walking out. Once it was just the three of us, mom spoke up. "Now, what's troubling you?"

"I...I need to know the truth. What happened the day I was taken? Who took me?" I inquired.

"You and I were playing when we made our way towards the caves when a man in a dark cloak took you." Grason explained. "He had bright yellow eyes and a creepy laugh. I left to get mom and dad, but by the time we returned, you were gone."

"Was it a Jedi that took me?" I questioned.

Mom shook her head. "No, a Jedi would never do something like this. Qui-Gon was the one who vowed to help us find you. Then when Qui-Gon perished, Obi-Wan returned to us to give us the news and assure us that he'd continue his Master's search." 

"He wasn't a Jedi...but he had a lightsaber. Uncle Qui informed us that it was the Sith who took you."  Grason added.

I tried to calm myself down as I felt my anger rise. So it's true, Sidious lied to me. At first, I believed my mind was playing tricks on me, but now I see it's the truth. Sidious took me from my home and from my family, turning me into a weapon. My mom then sat down next to me, wearing a worried look. 

"Iretia, what's going on. I sense there's more you're not telling me." Mom insisted.

I hesitated as I felt tears fill my eyes. She then placed a hand on my arm. "Tia, I'm your mother. You can tell me anything."

"...Mom, I've done something terrible." I admitted as I felt my tears fall from my eyes.

"What have you done, Iretia?" Grason asked.

"I can't tell you...if I do then you'll be in trouble or worse...killed." I informed them.

At my words, they were horrified. I turned to my mom as more tears streamed down my cheeks. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...I've made a terrible mistake. I'm afraid I've ruined my life."

I noticed mom look at me in pain. She then wrapped her arms around me before pulling me into a hug. After I felt somewhat better, I pulled away from the hug. My mom gave me a stern look. "You have to do the right thing. I don't know what you've done, but follow your heart."

Mom then released a sigh. "...I didn't want to tell you guys this because for some reason my mother told me to never get involved with my father's side of the family, but you're both old enough to know. Your grandfather...my father is a Palpatine."