Chapter 7: The Traitor

After what felt like hours, they returned and I was summoned by the Jedi Council. Once I walked inside, I saw Obi-Wan and his apprentice, which I spotted at the club when they took Zam outside.  

"You asked to see me, Masters?" I inquired.

"Yes. We've come together and decided to allow you to become a padawan." Master Windu informed me.

My face lit up. "Great! Who's my master?"

"That'll be me." Obi-Wan said, surprising me.

"Anakin Skywalker here was Obi-Wan's apprentice, but we've allowed him to become a Jedi Knight, so now he'll be able to take you on as his apprentice." Master Fisto clarified.

I mentally cursed. This is going to be more difficult than I thought. I forced a smile. "Great...when do we begin?"

"We begin now." Obi-Wan replied.

•••
"Focus Iretia." Obi-Wan advised. "Your lightsaber can only do so much. You need to be in touch with everything around you."

I raised an eyebrow as I lowered the practice lightsaber. "And how do I do that?"

"Through the Force." He replied.

I mentally groaned as I tried my best to clear my mind and focus on everything around me. And sure enough, it worked. I quickly deflected every blast that the training droid sent my way. Once the droid stopped firing blasts, I opened my eyes to see Obi-Wan wearing a proud look.

"Great work, Iretia. I knew you could do it." Obi-Wan praised.

I smiled. "Thanks, I have a good master."

"Well thank the Force for that." Obi-Wan teased.

I let out a laugh as Obi-Wan quickly joined in. It wasn't forced laughter, it was truly genuine...Just maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

•••

The months flew by and I quickly became known amongst the Jedi. I made my own lightsaber, and it was blue, just like Obi-Wan's. I also met and befriended many, including Obi-Wan's former apprentice, Anakin, Ahsoka Tano, Barriss Offee, and many others. With Obi-Wan we've faced many battles, and I earned the title General. I still remembered the Battle on Christophsis...it was one of my first real mission. Away from the city, I wandered with my brown hood covering my face.

"You contacted me?"

I turned around to see a familiar face, Asajj Ventress, an old friend of mine. I pulled back my hood. "Hello Asajj, nice to see you as well. How are you doing? Why I'm doing quite well, thanks for asking."

Asajj narrowed her eyes. "I see you still have your sense of humor despite being with the Jedi scum."

I shrugged. "What can I say? I'll never change, Asajj."

"I hope for your sake that's true." Asajj retorted. "Now the information?"

"Of course. There will be a squad of clone troopers along with Kenobi in the South tower, waiting to attack the droids." I informed her.

A grin appeared on her face. "Excellent. Is that all?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Looks like that clone trooper was right." Asajj commented.

I raised my eyebrow. "Come again?"

"There was one trooper who informed Dooku of this plan, because we weren't sure if we could trust him Count Dooku contacted you." Asajj explained.

That makes sense. Those clones are made to be loyal to the generals and the Jedi. I nodded. "I'll keep my eye on this trooper. What's his name?"

"Slick." She replied.