Chapter 14: Parcellus Minor

Deciding to help another Jedi Master sounded great at the time, but that was before I knew that they'd send us here, in Parcellus Minor. This planet was completely covered in swamp jungles, which was destroyed not too long after Master Secura and I arrived. It had been two months since we arrived, and it was exhausting. However we managed to hold back the Separatists, making progress. I trudged through the hot and humid jungle filled with plants that contained Tzeotine. 

I wore my usual gray long cloak over my black tunic with an utility belt around my waist, a gray tabard over my black tunic, black gloves, black boots, and black leather pants. I took a third of the clone troopers while Master Secura and Master Darté took the rest of the clone troopers. We slowly made our way through the bushes and shrubs, staying close to the river, which would lead us to the Separatists. I remained cautious as we marched on. Finally, I spotted droids up ahead. I raised a hand, stopping the troopers at once. When the droids got close enough, I lowered my hand. "Alright men, it's showtime."

With that we charged forth, surprising the droids. I then pulled out and ignited my blue lightsaber along with my new yellow lightsaber that I constructed before coming here. I took on several droids, picking them off as they were nothing. However just as things were turning in our favor...I felt something. I looked up at the sky. At that moment, I saw blasts shooting down on the jungle near us. As soon as the blasts hit the jungle, it caused a massive explosion, throwing us all back. I hit a massive tree before falling to the ground. As I looked around, my ears began to ring. I watched in horror as a fire grew rapidly due to the Tzeotine.

I scrambled up to my feet, only to fall back down due to the immense pain I felt. I glanced down to see that my ankle was swollen. I fought off the pain as I stood up, limping across the jungle as I ordered the troops to fall back. I turned on my comlink. "Master Darté, Master Secura, we need to evacuate. The Separatists have ignited the jungle that me and my troops were fighting in. Due to the Tzeotine, it'll spread quicker than we'll be able to put out."

Master Secura quickly replied. "I'm calling for aid at once, Iretia. Tell me where you are now."

Once I told her off my location, another explosion near me went off. I stumbled back, hitting a boulder, and falling unconscious at once.

•••

I groaned as I slowly woke up, finding myself back in the Halls of Healing of the Jedi Temple. I tried to get up, only to be stopped by a familiar face as he placed a hand on my shoulder, urging me to lay back down.

"You need to rest."

"Obi-Wan?" I called out as I complied.

He nodded. "Masters Darté and Secura informed me of the battle. They asked for reinforcements, and I happened to have finish a mission near the planet."

"I found you knocked out in one of the jungles. You were in pretty bad shape." Obi-Wan added.

I chuckled. "I guess I owe you. We are uneven now."

Obi-Wan was truly worried for me as he tried to keep a serious face, however I thought I noticed the corners of his lips turn upward. "You never cease to amaze me."

"In a good way?"

"In an amazing way." He assured me with a warm smile.

"So, how badly am I hurt?" I inquired.

"You sprained your ankle." He informed me. "The medics told me it could've been worse, but you still need your rest."

I groaned. "Fine..."

"And another thing, I've noticed you've been avoiding me." Obi-Wan commented.

I tried to look anywhere but at him, not replying. However things got worse when Obi-Wan continued. "And Master Yoda spoke to me, telling me that you wished to give me space as I was different after our trip to Mandalore. He was the one who informed me that you requested to help another Jedi Master. Why Iretia?"