Chapter 22: Battle of Sarrish

Weeks after the ceremony, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, and I were quite busy. Not only did we come across Savage, Darth Maul's brother, who apparently was the new apprentice of Dooku, but we were later transported to an unknown planet, discovering three ancient beings, but they also mentioned Anakin was the chosen one. However we were the only ones who knew about this place as the planet was later destroyed as the son, who had close ties to the dark side, wished to escape the planet. Unfortunately we weren't able to capture Savage and he escaped to who knows where.  

Despite being busy with the battles and missions, Obi-Wan and I managed to find some time to ourselves. Currently, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka were on a mission. I urged to go with them, but Master Yoda informed me that the Council wished to see me. Rather nervous and confused, I entered the council room to find some of the Masters here, while some such as Obi-Wan, Master Mundi, and a few others were contacting us through holograms. I bowed before them as I stood in the middle of the room. "You wished to see me, Masters?"

"We have indeed." Master Windu said. "We believe we have found a padawan for you to teach."

My eyes widened. Wait...me teach a padawan? I was baffled.

"You want me to teach a padawan?" I repeated.

Master Ti nodded. "Yes, we believe you'd make a great teacher, considering all the trials you've faced."

My face lit up. "...Well, I'd be honored to take a padawan."

"We know you would." Master Mundi said with a smile.

"Don't worry, Masters. I won't let you down." I assured them.

"We know you won't. I have a feeling you will do well." Obi-Wan commented with a warm smile.

"Waiting your padawan is." Master Yoda informed me.

"He is waiting for you in the hangars along with your new troop." Master Ti added.

Once they informed me of my mission, I left to the hangars to see a troop of clones along with a young male Cerean around the age of 14 or 15. He bowed as soon as he saw me. "I am O-Mer."

"It's nice to meet you, O-Mer. I'm Iretia Emestre, your new Master." I greeted, returning his bow.

"General!" The clone troopers then exclaimed as they saluted me.

"At ease, soldiers." I replied.

At that moment, the captain of my troops approached me. "General sorry to interrupt, but we're prepared to leave."

"Very well, Captain...?" I trailed off, not knowing his name.

"CC-5576-39, General!" He exclaimed.

"At ease, Captain. What do they call you?" I inquired.

"Gregor, ma'm." He replied.

I smiled. "Well Captain Gregor, I look forward to fighting into battles with you and your men."

"Likewise, General." Gregor replied.

 •••

O-Mer was a great young padawan, he was quite positive, always looking for a way out. We became a great team. I also got my own troop along with a Captain called CC-5576-39, but I called him Gregor. O-Mer became like a little brother to me, and Gregor and his men became my friends. Currently, we were on a Republic cruiser on our way to Sarrish. O-Mer and I were going over the strategies of attack.

"Once we've reached the surface of Sarrish, we'll take gunships and carriers, which will lower us onto land." I began as I pointed to a holomap of the planet. "While the gunships take care of the enemies from the skies, the AT-TE walkers will help in a ground assault. When we land, we expect lots of droids."