Chapter 6: A New Task

I made my way to my room where I turned on the transmission of Sidious. I bowed. "Master. Forgive me I have not completed my task in eliminating Senator Amidala."

"That won't be necessary. I actually have a new task for you, Amra." Sidious informed me.

I raised an eyebrow. "A new task? What kind of task?"

"The Jedi are very powerful and not to be taken lightly." He began.

I scoffed. "But we have one in custody. They aren't as powerful as you claim."

"You still have much to learn, Amra. You only have one Jedi, which means more will come. I fear this will not be enough for us to succeed." Sidious explained.

"What is it you need me to do, master?" I inquired.

"I need you to be my ears and eyes among the Jedi." He said, surprising me. "I have informed Tyranus of this task of yours so he won't believe you've betrayed us."

"You want me to be a spy? But how? The place is filled with Jedi." I pointed out. "I won't stand a chance."

"Not unless you're one of them." Sidious stated. "I trust you'll be able to manage this task."

I know where he's going with this. A grin appeared on my face. "Understood, Master. It shall be done."

With that the transmission ended. I know what I must do. I turned to CMG. "Where's 7M?"

"He just landed on Geonosis, Mistress." CMG informed me.

"Tell him to start the ship. We'll be leaving shortly." I ordered.

"Where will we be going?" He inquired.

"Coruscant. I'll meet you at the ship...I have to do something before we leave."

With that I approached Obi-Wan's cell. The Geonosian guards glanced over at me with suspicious looks. I narrowed my eyes. "I have come to interrogate the prisoner by orders of Tyranus."

The guards then nodded, stepping aside. Once I entered, Obi-Wan's head hung low. However as soon as I approached him, his eyes met mine. He lifted his head up, looking stupefied. "Iretia?"

I wore a look of guilt. "Sorry Obi-Wan...I'm afraid you were right. Everything I knew is just a lie."

I hated saying it, but I needed Obi-Wan to trust me. I need to make him believe I've changed. Obi-Wan wore a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry you had to find out this way. It must be hard for you to take this all in."

I nodded. "...It sure is, but at least it was someone who had the best intentions tell me all this."

He wore a smile at my words. "I'm glad you've come to your senses."

"Listen...I can't get you out, but I can get help. I'll go to Coruscant to the Jedi temple and inform them that you need help." I offered.

"That would be appreciated, Iretia. Just let them know you're a friend of Qui-Gon...and of mine." He suggested.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." I assured him.

He kept his ocean blue eyes locked with mine as he nodded. "I know. I trust you."

His words moved me in an unexplainable way. However I shook it off as I made my way towards my ship. Once there, I flew us to Coruscant. On the way there, 7M and CMG hurled many questions towards me as I told them I was going to the Jedi temple.

"I'm going to be a spy for a while. And in order to do that I must be one of them." I explained.

"I just hope you don't get caught, Mistress." 7M commented.

"Relax, I'll be fine." I assured him.

It wasn't long until we reached Coruscant. My droids remained on board while I made my way to the Jedi Temple. I took a deep breath. I truly hope this plan works. I looked up in awe. The temple was very massive. However before I could walk in, the guards stopped me.

"I don't think I've seen you here before." One of them said.

"No, I'm not a Jedi. However I have an urgent message to give to the Jedi Council. I'm a friend of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi." I explained.

At the mention of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, the guards allowed me to enter. They even escorted me to the council room. Once we reached the council room, they left to return to their posts. With a shaky hand, I opened the doors to reveal a room filled with Jedi masters. I only recognized two which were the ones Obi-Wan contacted in Kamino. They all looked at me in confusion. I brought my cloak closer to my body, shielding my weapons.

"Forgive my sudden entrance, but it's urgent. I'm a friend of Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi." I began. "And I'm afraid Obi-Wan's in trouble."

"Contacted him we already had." The short green skinned Jedi Master informed me.

I was taken back by his words. What?

"He sent a message before he was captured." The Jedi Master next to him who spoke to Obi-Wan explained.

"But tell me...how did you escape from there?" A Cerean male asked rather curious.

They don't know, I said to myself as I tried to calm down, they're just curious that's all.

"I..." I trailed off.

What was wrong with me?

"Much fear I sense within you." The short green skinned Jedi mentioned, making me even more worried.

"What's your name?" Another Jedi inquired.

Well, here goes nothing. There's no turning back now.

"My name is Iretia, Iretia Emestre." I said, which caused everyone's eyes to widen.

I don't know if I this plan anymore.

"Iretia? Daughter of Colnik and Marycas?"

I nodded. "The very one."

The green skinned Jedi wore a relieved look. "Found you Obi-Wan has at last."

So he has been looking for me, but the question is for how long? I raised an eyebrow. "He's been searching for me? For how long?"

"For ten years...right after his Jedi Master Qui-Gon perished at the hands of a Sith Lord." Another Jedi Master explained.

Of course...Maul did that.

"We allowed Obi-Wan to pursue his search for you because not only was your family good friends with Qui-Gon, but because he told us you're quite strong with the Force." The Jedi Master next to the green skinned Jedi confessed.

"Yes, I'm force-sensitive...but I wouldn't call myself strong..." I replied.

The green skinned Jedi chuckled. "Humble you are. A good thing to have. Master Yoda I am."

The other Jedi Masters then following Master Yoda's lead, introduced themselves.

"We will take care of freeing Obi-Wan. In the meantime you shall stay here." Master Mace Windu informed me.

"What? But I can fight!" I protested.

"You aren't a Jedi Knight or even a padawan yet." Master Plo Koon pointed out.

"Sorry Iretia but we can't lose someone with such potential like you, especially when you have no training." Master Shaak Ti explained.

•••

Unfortunately I lost that debate, remaining behind. Before the Jedi Council left with over 200 Jedi, they showed me to my room. So currently I was in my room with CMG and 7M, laying around waiting for the Jedi to return.

"This is the worst task I've been assigned." I groaned.

"It could be worse." CMG shrugged.

"Yes, you could've been eaten by a rancor or the Jedi could've seen right through you, killing you." 7M added.

"Brilliant...because that's just what I needed to hear." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

"You're quite welcome." 7M said, unable to detect sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes. I hope the Jedi return quickly.