Chapter Twenty Nine ~ Study Partners

"Tae you've been staring at Y/N since we started our study session." Jimin smirked, tapping his pen on the textbook.

"I'm not staring." Taehyung furrowed his brow and tore his eyes away from the beautiful woman sitting on the next table.

"If you wanted to be her study partner why didn't you just ask her?" Jimin questioned as he highlighted a section of his notes.

"Jisoo beat me to it, said she hardly gets to see Y/N because she's with me all the time so it's only fair they get to be study partners."

"Taehyung you're doing it again?"

"Doing what?"

"Staring at her....you spent all weekend together and just walked to college with her, you can't seriously be having withdrawal symptoms already." Jimin chuckled as he poked Taehyung's arm with his pen. "Focus on your work and then you can see her again at lunch, I'm sure the two of you can last that long."

Taehyung chuckled and turned his attention back to the textbook, he could never get enough of Y/N and when Jimin found his mate he would see exactly how difficult it was.

"You'll see what it's like when you find your mate, then you'll understand what I've been dealing with these last few months. It's like they're a drug, you can never get enough and you're always craving your next fix. It's terrifying yet exciting, the feeling only gets stronger the more time you spend with them. I look at her and my heart falters, there's nothing I wouldn't do to keep her happy and safe. It's like....I don't even know how to explain it but you'll see how amazing it is when you find your mate." Taehyung's eyes found their way over to her again, she was sitting opposite Jisoo chewing on the end of her pencil, eyes narrowed and brow furrowed in concentration. Taehyung smiled as she grabbed a hair tie from her bag, watching as she swept it up

He couldn't wait to take her out later, to finally confess everything and for the first time he wasn't afraid because something told him she would understand and still love him regardless. Taehyung wasn't sure how long he was staring but finally her eyes met his and she instantly blushed, he loved how he still had this hold over her....he couldn't help but tease.

Y/N chuckled at him and pointed at his textbook

"Do some work." She whispered to which Jisoo spun around in her seat and sent him a death glare.

"Christ....Jisoo scares the hell out of me." Taehyung mumbled as he lowered his head and got back to work.

Jimin found the entire situation highly amusing as he threw back his head and laughed, eyes practically disappearing.

"I'm glad you found that so entertaining." Taehyung rolled his eyes as he finally started working, not daring to look back over at Y/N for fear of another Jisoo death gare.

"I'm going to tell her tonight." He completely changed the subject causing Jimin to fall serious.

"About us? About our kind?

"Yeah, she deserves to know and I don't want to keep it from her anymore." 

Jimin gave a nod. "It's something you'll have to tell the pack tonight, you'll have to warn them."

"I know, I'll tell them before she comes over."

"Are you nervous?" Jimin seemed concerned and Taehyung understood why.

"Yeah, I'm afraid that she won't want me after she finds out what I did."

"Taehyung that was a long time ago, when each of us first turned we didn't know how to handle the shift or our power but then Namjoon found us and taught us how to control it....how to be better. I'm sure she'll understand when you explain everything to her, including what happened to your parents." Jimin gently touched his arm and Taehyung smiled.

"I know, it'll just be difficult to talk about it again."

"I know....but this is something you need to do. It'll only make your bond with Y/N stronger and you'll need that for when you finally mark and claim her."

"I know, I'll tell her....it'll just be difficult." 

"Nothing worth the risk is ever easy Taehyung." 

Taehyung looked over at Y/N and the smile she sent his way caused his heart to swell and suddenly the doubt crept to the surface again.

What if she rejected him?

What if she couldn't deal with the monster he was before?

He couldn't lose her....not now.