Chapter Thirty ~ Hunter

Hunter swirled the whiskey in his glass, listening to the chinking of the ice cubes, breathing in a fragrance that only years in an oak barrel can achieve. Already the worries of his day were beginning to fade, even before the first taste. Just watching its gentle vortex was hypnotizing enough. It was his one vice and he intended to make a virtue of it, savour it, not race to the bottom of the bottle like he had countless times before. When the liquid settled he brought it to his weather-cracked lips and let the amber fluid sit in his mouth a while before swallowing. He closed his eyes, dwelling only on the flavour. God it was good.

"Yo boss you here? Got some mighty interesting news for you." Samuel rapped his kuckles against the door, pushing it open and leaning against the frame with that signature cocky smirk.

"Well then....spit it the fuck out Sam. I was starting to relax until you showed up, what the hell do you want?"

Sam let out a long whistle as he moved inside the room, dropping his lean body down on the ancient leather couch and kicking his feet up on the coffee table. "Damn boss, someone didn't have their Snicker bar today, Miss Oliva not giving it to you right."

"Don't fucking test me tonight Samuel....I ain't in the mood so spit out what you wanted to tell me or leave my bar." Hunter had little patience lately, truth be told he always had a bad temper but since his old friend walked out on their pack he was a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

"I've found him." Sam cocked his brow, a devilish glint in his baby blues.

"You what?" Hunter set the empty glass down on his desk.

"You heard me boss man....I found Min Yoongi, I know where they went."

"You better not be fucking with me kid, you should know not to play games with me."

"No games are getting played here, you asked me to track them down and that's what I did." Sam retrieved a USB from his jacket pocket and threw it across to the alpha.

"You're a fucking genius kid, I ever tell you that?"

"Not enough." Sam smirked as he crossed one leg over the other.

"Don't get cocky, we still need to make sure it's a solid lead." Hunter moved around his desk and sat down. "I've been waiting too long for this moment." He connected the USB to his laptop and started to download the files as Sam helped himself to a cold bottle of Bud from the fridge.

"So what's your plan once you get there boss?"

"Simple, Yoongi pays for what he did to us and we start by taking away what he loves the most....that poor excuse for a fucking pack." 

"I want Taehyung." The maniacal expression that formed on Sam's face as he approached the desk couldn't be missed, Hunter was well aware there was bad blood between his omega and Taehyung.

"If this lead turns out to be solid....then you can have your fun with Taehyung." Hunter grabbed the bottle of whiskey and poured another drink for himself. "Just don't touch Yoongi, that piece of shit is mine."

"Don't you worry boss, I got my sights set on Taehyung and his sweet....innocent little mate."

"Taehyung found his mate?" Hunter cocked a brow in surprise, it was rare for someone his age to find their mate so soon after the change.

"Oh yeah...." Sam ran his tongue along his bottom lip, eyes wild with all the trouble he was going to cause. ".....she's human too."

"Human....now that's rare."  Hunter was impressed, it wasn't often their kind took on a human mate. "First we need to group with the others, we need a plan of action. Yoongi isn't one to take lightly....he's powerful and Namjoon won't back down without a fight."

"I'll get the others boss...you just focus on Yoongi." Sam finished off his beer before heading out the door.

Hunter takes his lighter from the desk, clicking down and watching the flame dance as if it can burn up his inner rage.

It was like a vexing of the soul for what he felt was not human, it was twisted and distorted but it was something strong. It burned so bad like fire lacing up his veins and creeping up his spine, his skin could feel nothing but desire; desire to hate. He was intoxicated with emotion, the acidity of it was residing in his stomach waiting to be spat out of his mouth in foul and vulgar words he would be stared at for saying.

Min Yoongi was a coward

Once the USB downloaded Hunter started to click through the  surveillance photos, lips curling as he leaned closer to the screen.

"So that's where you've been hiding my old friend

"So that's where you've been hiding my old friend....I think it's time we pay you a little visit." Hunter leaned back in his chair, chest rumbling with nefarious laughter.

Nobody makes of fool of Hunter Rhodes.